Will this combination of rec/speaker work

Bronze Member
Username: Jaycha2

Post Number: 11
I just purchased KEF2005.2. Planning to hook it to my pioneer VSX-D912 receiver. Will this combination give me enough juice to speakers (amps).

The speakers are rated at 100 W and the receivers per channel is rated at 110W

Will the wattage difference impact performace?

I purchased the KEF through CC, but they have messed-up the order (&sent me just the speakers) so unable to test it. But I am really curious what you all feel

Thank you in advance

Jay

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1929
You can drive the 2005.2 system with entry level receivers. From what I can tell the VSX-D912 is higher than that. There's more than enough power to drive the KEFs satisfactorily. Better to have a bit more power than less. If you have a less powerful amp and drive it hard, it's more likely to distort and break the speaker (this is the more common cause of speaker breakage). If the amp's more powerful it won't distort and drive the speaker cleanly until it can't take any more. If you do this, the speaker drive units will hit their end-stops with a loud-ish pop. This will only cause damage if you keep on doing it.

Seems like a combination that should work well, provided you like the sound.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Jaycha2

Post Number: 12
Hi Frank,
Thank you for your reply. I am waiting for my sub. As soon as I have the unit hooked up I will post an update

Thank you
Jay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us