XM receiver through integrated amp

Bronze Member
Username: Mrtomasulo

Post Number: 96
Like Art (from what I read), I'm a big XM fan. I get my signal through a Delphi MyFi portable receiver. Through a home "dock" it is connected to my receiver via an RCA analog connection. I like having the MyFi cause you can record hours worth of music on it and use it like a walkman, which we often then can utilize running or going to the gym.

Right now I'm using an HK 3480 receiver but am considering going up to a Rega Brio or Mira or a NAD at the equivalent price level.

My question is if I upgrade from the HK to a Rega or a Nad, if anyone thinks I will notice much improvement out of the XM as well when I connect it to the integrated.

I'm thinking the quality of the source be too poor to discern even with an upgraded receiver. Then again, maybe it would help. I dunno.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
Oh well we'll soon find out. Looks like I'm purchasing the Rega Mira 3. Would've gone with the Brio except for lack of preouts for later possible sub upgrade, and lack of remote, which is a must have for me.

I know I know you're supposed to audtion this stuff first, but I don't have the time or resources. I will look to simply re-sell if it doesn't suit my tastes.

I will update my own thread with thoughts after I receive it. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4037
Sorry MT been working alot this week.....I'll interested in your impressions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
No problem, Art.

Also picked up the Apollo. Got both of them used, but each of them described as mint and hardly used, and think I got pretty outstanding deals on both of them. The Mira will probably get here in a couple days since I was able to use paypal, but the Apollo will take a little longer since I'll have to pay by check.

Should be interesting.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
Well the Mira should get here about next Wed, the Apollo might be the following Mon or Tues, assuming everything goes ok in these sales.

In the meantime, I need to plan out my interconnect and speaker cable situation. Already done a lot of reading of old Art and Frank posts, and based on that I'm gonna look for a Chord Cobra 3 interconnect... the Chorus being a bit too pricey for me. I currently use a $30 Blue Jeans cable interconnect. Anyone thing I should stay with it or should I go with the Chord? (when I ask myself "what would Art say?" I pretty well know the answer.

On the speaker cables -- should I go with Chord again or with Naim? I think there are some Frank posts somewhere saying the Naims go well with the Rega, but I can't find it now. If I go with Chord, again I'll probably go with a lower-end model. Odyssey?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us