NAD C272 with NAD C352

Bronze Member
Username: Jingka99

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Post Number: 78
My friend is leaving Malaysia for good and he's leaving me his almost 3 years old amp which happens to be a NADC272...according to him, the amp is in very good condition aside from some minor scratches...

Now, I have a NAD C352, will it be okay to use this NAD C272 with the C352, I'll use the C352's pre-amp and connect my speakers to the C272?

I recall, Frank A. once said that he doesn't advise to disect the pre-amp and power amp of an integrated, this is basically the reason I raised this question now...

Also, with regards to the speaker, it is rated at 100 watts but the C272 is 150 watts nominal, will this be a problem?

Will there be any improvement with respect to sound quality aside from the fact that the C272 has a higher power rating than the C352?

Also, I am using a sub, in the case I use the C272, where will be the best connection for the sub, in C352 or in C272?

Thank you very much...

-arnold-

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3996
Yes it's ok and no it's not a problem that your amp produces more power than your speakers are rated to handle. Use discretion with the volume control.

As you will be using your pre ots you will have to use the speaker level connection for your sub. That will ofcourse be where you have your speakers connected.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5830
The 352 has dual preamp outputs, so one set could go to the sub as an option.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Thanks Art and Nuck...

Going to a more specific question, the C272 will be connected to the pre-out 1 of the C352, the Pre-out 2 will still be connected to the main power amp of C352...then I will connect the speakers to the C272 and the sub will still be connected to the speaker outs of the C352, Is my understanding correct?

Currently, my sub is connected to the speaker outs of the C352 at the same the speakers are also connected, I am able to use the second pre-out of the integrated amp because my sub has only one RCA input which I think is intended for receivers/amps with sub-out...

Or I can do the same when using the C272? I just connect the pre-out of the C352 to the C272 and both speakers and sub will be connected to C272, the same way I connected them currently?

Again, thank you for your help.

-arnold-

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Oops, correction:

Currently, my sub is connected to the speaker outs of the C352 at the same the speakers are also connected, I am NOT able to use the second pre-out of the integrated amp because my sub has only one RCA input which I think is intended for receivers/amps with sub-out...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Hi Art and Nuck, will there be improvements at all using the C272? or just louder?

Sorry for my ignorance on this matter!

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1132
Arnold, I'm not Art or Nuck, but fwiw, I compared the 352, the 372 and 162/272 and the 272 is smoother and a little more controlled than the others, with the 372 running a close second. How much benefit the pre (C162) adds to the equation I couldn't say. One thing I will add, (and I can't recall this detail with the others now) but the 272 is totally quiet when it should be quiet. Personally, I love it! Hope this helps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Thanks M.R. for sharing your valuable experiences on these NAD equipments, wish i had the chance to compare them as well side by side...btw, Nice gears you've got there sir!(I checked your profile)........

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1136
Thanks Arnold, try the 272 and if you don't think it's worth adding to your kit you can always sell it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us