Digital output from an mp3 compatible dvd player?

I plan to get one of those cheap universal players that can play dvds, cds , mp3 files on a cd etc etc. Here is my question. When a Cd with mp3 files is played on such a mp3 compatible player, is the output a digital bitstream (coax/optical) or only from the analog outputs of the player. In other words, can these players output a digital signal like they do for normal Cds and Dvds (so i can feed it into a receiver/preamp) or do i HAVE to use the analog outputs of such a player. Anyone use these universal players?
thanks in advance
ck

Derek
My Philips outputs PCM when I play mp3s. Some of the Panasonics can also play WMAs.

Hope this helps.

hi,
when you mean it outputs pcm, do you connect the digital output of your cd/dvd player to the receiver? or the analog outputs . i am guessing that this is a player specific thing. i have a feeling my player does it only through analog (or atleast i havent figured out how to get it to work through digital:))
thanks

KArthick

Derek
I get PCM from the digital-outs. The analog works as well.

Anonymous

I have a cheap DVD player which can play mp3 Cd also. It is currently connected to the TV, I was wondering can I just connect it to some speakers or music system and be able to listen to MP3 Cds?

A Novice

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2605
a cheap receiver or integrated amp will work.

Bronze Member
Username: Gnnr

Saddle Brook, NJ USA

Post Number: 23
My old Aiwa unit, a region free all media player from about 5 years ago outputs to my optical link for all media played.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us