Bose Lifestyle 28 - Connection problem?? - No sound!

Username: Elrao

Post Number: 1
Hi Everyone, first post and I am in need of help!

I have a Lifestyle 28 system, was working fine in one room until i needed to move it. Moved all the speakers, spent ages fixing them to the new walls etc. then connected them all up to the acoustimass module and nothing. Checked all the cables, nothing.

I think it may be the connection from the main receiver unit to the acoustimass module. I connected the receiver to another amp via a digital optic cable and it all worked OK, so I know that some sound is capable of coming out of the unit!

Have looked at the bottom of the acoustimass module, when I power it up the orange LED where the connector cable blinks a few times then goes out. The green one then blinks every 5 seconds or so. If these work like a Network cable in a computer then I am guessing this indicates there is a problem! I would have expected the orange light to stay on, to show a connection and the green one to blink when data was sent. Can anyone confirm if this is what happens?

Any ideas what could be wrong? I would like to try a new cable, but I now live in London, so can't get hold of one very easily!

Thanks

Rob

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 298
have you called Bose? They will probably give you more help than we will in here. Most of us are not fans of the Bose Lifestyle (or Acoustimass) systems, and as such are not familiar with the inner workings of these systems.

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 250
but I now live in London, so can't get hold of one very easily!
is the current in london able to work with the system?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13325
Check the power requirements of the system. If you bought it here in the US and it does not have provisions for 220V power then you have a problem.

Post Number: 2
I have a transformer 240v to 110v - was working fine with this before I moved the unit (between rooms in my London home).

Have now tried a new cable, still nothing. One of the connectors must be broken in either the main unit or the acoustimass module :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13330
I hope it is not one of those puny little transformers. You will need something more substantial than those. Check the specs of the unit and ensure that your transformer is meeting the needs of its current draw.

Post Number: 3
Nope, it is a proper transformer, 3 plug output, weighs about 5 pounds!

I can't remember the specs but the output was far in excess of the requirements of the Bose (I have a Masters in Electronics sp I knew to check that!).

I was hoping someone may have had a similar issue and resolved it, I really don't want to get to the stage of pulling the thing apart to check the internals!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13346
Then you shouldn't have any problems checking the internals :-)

Post Number: 4
Was a few years ago and I don't use it for my job! Knew enough to check I had enough juice!

I guess I probably could check the internals if I had some circuit diagrams and knew how it was supposed to work!!

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 406
good luck getting that from any speaker or electronics manufacturer, much less Bose.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us