Marantz sr7500 help?!?

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 221
Im hoping that someone out there owns this reciever and can tell me what I am doing wrong. Ive had it 6 months and have the same issue. When I listen to my satellite tv using a opticle cable, and switch it to dolby digital, or any other surround sound type, it emulates surround sound, however, it does not give me any signal to my sub. Nothing at all. The OSD also disables the lfe level settings. I know this is a setting on the reciever, not the satellitge, because I used to own a sony reciever, and it worked fine. It would emulate surround sound, and send low frequencies to the sub. What is wrong with my marantz guys?

Bronze Member
Username: Rushwj

Knoxville, TN USA

Post Number: 51
i own the same receiver and unfortunately cannot help. i do cable and get 5.1 dolby digital without any problems. if it's not in that format i can (although rarely do) use the dolby prologic II and get sub effects. i also switched to coax cable (not a big believer in differences in cables usually, but i do enjoy the sound a little better on the coax than the digital). this sounds like it's something in the menu settings that's weird, i'd try a to play w/ your initial settings there first.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us