Marantz CC4300 tapping sound on final tracks, should I return it?

Bronze Member
Username: Thereverend

Post Number: 21
Hello,

I just bought a Marantz CC4300 from www.accessories4less.com and it is factory refurbished. I noticed on the day that I set it up that it was making a rhythmic tapping noise like the sound of someone tapping a their fingernail against it, particularly on the last track of a CD. Is this something that I should be returning this player for, or is it just caused by a CD that is not perfectly flat?

Thanks,

Colin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
To clarify, the sound is not coming through the speakers, but from inside the player.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 243
Did you try more than one CD and does it happen with each CD?

Did you read any packing / unpacking, set-up, installation instructions that came with the Marantz?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I have tried a few cd's with varying success. Some play fine with no issues. Some seem to start fine but at about 70% through they start to tap against the player. Some of them seem to do it from the start. I have no idea what this all has to do with, since I have played these discs in other players without any issues. It is not a quiet clicking sound either, it was even bothering my girlfriend who could care less about sound quality.

As far as the directions go, the only rule I broke is not giving it the 2 inches to ventilate, but I don't figure this would affect the performance of the motor or whatever might be making all kinds of racket.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Oh, also, the disc I just checked it with is perfectly flat as far as my table can tell, and it was one of the noisiest ones so far.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3891
Send it back....

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5724
Yup.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Thats what I was afraid of the while ordering from accessories4less. I never really got the impression that they are very return friendly. Just to find the link to the return authorization took me 30 minutes because it is totally hidden on their site. It also sounds as if I have to prove my case or I will be charged shipping and 15% restocking; both fees that they can easily claim that I am responsible for. Even more irritating is that I will have to pay for shipping it back to them even though they sent me the bad unit. Even worse, or so it seems, is the possibility that they might want to send it to a service center and make me wait for it to be fixed and shipped back.

Anyway, I am done venting. Has anyone ever returned anything to these people?

Thanks,

Colin

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3899
These are the problems with buying online. Buying directly from the manufacturer internet direct makes sense...otherwise this is trouble one can get into. Good luck Colin.

Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 5
hey i understand the apprehension i was thinking about getting some stuff from them a few years back but passed. For me being so far and shipping that stuff back will prob cost me the price of buying a new one!!! I think its better to pay a little extra and buy direct from an authoried dealor for the companies site.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Apparently this company IS an authorized dealer.

Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 6
for refurbished stuff right??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us