Need a Receiver/Amp for Revel F-32's

Username: Mmeyers1984

Post Number: 7
What 2-channel Receiver/Amp/Preamp should I pair with Revel F-32's? I've though about NAD and Rotel. How much do you think I need to spend to get great sound? I was thinking up up to $2,000. Is that enough?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5684
Mike, money should not be a factor here.
You have nice speakers.
How do you listen? How big is your room? Have you payed attention to the sound of your room?

Rotel.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5685
Scratch that...Classe.

Post Number: 8
my room isn't too big. It's about 25 feet by 15 feet with high ceilings. I've been getting very mixed signals from people saying if I don't go expensive I'm making a mistake. But others have said that's not necessary. I've looked at a Rotel 1052. Also considered an NAD c372.

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1144
Mike:

I can think of three good two channel choices here that are in your $1K-2K budget. The NAD C162/C272 combo you have already identified.

You should also look into the Parasound Halo line:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PAHP3

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PAHA23

Also consider the Vincent Audio combo, the Hybrid SA-31/SP331. Very nice gear:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=VISA31

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=VISP331

Any of these combos is well within your price range and will do an excellent job with those Revels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5690
Mikem what you need is a good dealership, and right away.
Use the peoples knowledge, use them for what they are there for, to help you. See several.

The Nad package is a bundle of joy for some people, the Rotel stuff is a load of serious power and sound fantastic.

You gotta get out and hear some of the gear, but caveat emptour, that ain't your place.

Get the stuff into your listening space, your room.
If the dealer won't do that, find another dealer.

It costs money, man, but you ain't paying with food stamps!

Find a dealer, use the tools that a dealer can provide, and form a relationship that can last for years!

PS, Rotel lasts for years.

Post Number: 9
Thanks for the info. I guess that means you probably need to pay retail as opposed to trying mail order. There is only one revel dealer in the area and he doesn't carry much and then there is a NAD/rotel dealer. It makes it hard when I have to buy at different places but I like the Revels.

Gold Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1146
mike m:

What does your Revel dealer use to drive those speakers? I can help you some more if I know what kind of amplification he is using.

Interesting that you have a dealer offering both NAD and Rotel in the same shop--I've never seen that as those two brands tend to compete directly.

Gold Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1151
mike m:

I had another thought. I noticed the NAD Masters Series M3 integrated has been winning a number of awards from the mags such as The Absolute Sound. MSRP is $2995, but I have been seeing street prices in the $2K range. Certainly worth a look if you have that kind of budget.

Post Number: 10
He was using lexicon equipment to drive the revels. I don't know what model but will try to find out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5695
Either the Nad or the Rotel may have been a featured trade-in?
Both in the same shop is quite odd, indeed.
BUT if both are supported in the shop, that is a very good shop!

The Lexicon stuff I have zero experience with.
I would like to know the models and the source, Mike.

Those Revel's are really exciting, BTW.
Mike, where are you at?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5696
Now, Mike, if the local dealer has trade-in's, you might get a dandy deal on some really good stuff that falls offa rich guy's back.
Check my profile. I got this kit from a super dealer, traded in from some rich guy.

I ain't touting my gear, just the opportunity for a deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us