NAD 7100X - Volume Potentiometer Problem HELP

Username: Justjim

Chicago

Post Number: 1
Hi-
I need some help from the group. I have a NAD 7100X, and the volume knob has a dead-spot where the right channel will crackle and drop out. I've contacted NAD, and they say the pot is no longer available. I really like the receiver, and would hate to scrap it for such a small part. Anyhow, are there any good ways to clean the pot? I've had the cover off the receiver, and there are no easy ways to spray pot cleaner in the necessary areas without major disassembly.

Does anyone have advice on how to clean the pot, or have a good source for parts?

Thanks!

Jim

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5211
Jim, read the specs off the pot and look up the number to cross it to an Alps unit. Those parts are available everywhere, including partsexpress.com

Username: Pmoyer_98

Post Number: 1
Hi! I also have a 7100 with the same issue. It is a great sounding receiver and I really hope I can fix it. Can you tell me what an Alps unit is? Any help would be appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5308
It's inside the cabinet, right behind the knob mounted to the front panel via 2 screws, or a shaft nut. It is silver and has 6 wires on it, 3 in a row, 2 rows.
And maybe a conch of unused pins.
Read the numbers from that. Call a nerd electronics place and get another.
Or search the part #.

Then fly me in to replace it.

Hell, I'll buy you a beer!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us