Speaker Placement on Patio

Username: Jamiesue

Post Number: 1
Let me start off by saying I know nothing about audio. I looked over the list of topics and recognized about every third word.

I currently have two outdoor speakers on my roofspace (link to the speakers at the bottom). I live on the 23floor of an apartment building where the building cuts in, so my apartment has a big outdoor space (about 30 feet by 50 feet) which runs outside of the apartment. The building itself is mostly glass and then above my deck there are three more floors of apartments. I love to dance (Lindy Hop) and had a few parties last year with these two speakers, but in order to have the music heard over a somewhat wide area (20x20) where the dancing was happening, I had to turn up the music a lot and the upstairs people complained.

I have an additional pair of the same speakers that I got free and am not currently using. I have no idea how sound works, so my question is, if I were to set up the other speakers and place speakers at all four corners of the dance area, would that make a difference? Would it make it so that the music was louder in the immediate area of the speakers but not necessarily louder up top? I feel like this is a ridiculous question but I just don't have the first understanding of how sound distributes.
Any advice would be truly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jamie Sue

(these are the speakers http://www.bose.com/controller;jsessionid=AigNb7TXKN8UD8QZkUURpAR8cRTrfdbXoWhzkRWyhefTfIx9YlV0!-1648024829?eve nt=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=251_outdoor_index&pageName=/home_entertainmen t/outdoor_marine/outdoor/index.jsp)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us