Marantz SR8400 - New A/V Receiver !

Username: Brazilian

Sao Paulo, SP Brasil

Post Number: 2
Does anybody out there has this Marantz SR8400 already running ? Is it good ? Better than Denon 3805 ? NAD T-773 ?

mattburk
Unregistered guest
I have the 8400 and love it. I think it sounds better and looks nicer than the 3805. I could have gotton the 3805 at next to cost, but I liked the marantz so it was worth the extra money. What questions would have about the 8400?

Username: Brazilian

Sao Paulo, SP Brasil

Post Number: 4
Thanks Matt, as 8400 is brand new I can`t get more details like:
- As I use Boston Acoustics` VR series as my speakers down here and the front have active subs, I have to set the crossover as high as possible. How high the 8400 allows the crossover ? 3805 goes up to 250Hz.
- I will connect a Denon 2900 universal player through 8400`s 7.1 analogic imputs. Does 8400 has any settable crossover/speaker distance to these imputs ?
- I will use all 7.1 channels including a pair of Boston`s dipole for surround and a pair o Boston`s CR regular speakers for back surround. Does the 8400 has like Denon 3805 a way to switch between different surround speakers ?
- Does the 8400 specifies its distortion ? Its power when running all 7 channels at the same time ?
- Do you know if it has a single or two 32Bit DAC ?
- Does it specifies what kind of ADC is used. Denon`s 3805 uses 32/192 DACs and ADCs.

Sorry for so many doubts but they are important to me as I`m gonna get my 8400 next tuesday when it will arrive from US. By the Way, What equipments are you using with your 8400 ?

Mattburklund
Unregistered guest
I believe these answers are accurate:
1) You can set the speakers to full with sub so the crossover should not be a issue, if you go small you can set the crossover at 80/100/120.
2) As far as using the 7.1 inputs I believe you bypass all processing, so no, I think that would be the case with any player that is why you need bass management on the DVD player.
3) Not sure about the switching back speakers.
4) Thd .06
5) This is what I could find: STEREO POWER 110 W/CH X 2
SURROUND POWER FRONT 110 W/CH X 2
SURROUND POWER CENTER 110 WATTS
SURROUND POWER REAR 110 W/CH X 4
110 watts (into 8 ohms) x 7
Massive energy power supply with huge toroidal power transformer

6) I believe it is one 32bit dac
7) I believe it uses the same adc's as the new rotel 1098
I use M&K speakers with a pioneer dvd player as a transport.
Did you ever get your receiver?
Does anyone else here have a 8400?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us