Marantz sr9200 -speakers to match??? Any advice Gold members??

Bronze Member
Username: Hifientthu

New Delhi, New Delhi INDIA

Post Number: 11
I have just bought a Marantz SR 9200 receiver which is 7.1 channel with a 140 watt output per channel. Got it cheap as the model is being discontinued but has most of the bells and whistles as the newer SR 9600 and a powerfull continuous power amp. I now need to zero in on a set of speakers to match. I am considering DALI ikon 6 5.1 package ( am told bass is not very great)or Ikon 7 as front speakers. Other choices for front speakers are Boston VR 3, KEF, Monitor, Tannoy, Dali AXS 8000,Polk Audio, Mordant Shaurt etc. Any advice on an ideal package or match for floor standers and complete Home Theatre system speakers would be welcome. I am open to building a system with different brand speakes for rear, suround, sub etc. Will use 50% HT and 50% stereo. Budget USD 1200 to USD 2000.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1184
If you are doing 50/50 then I suggest getting floorstanders as the mains. I would also not mix and match any of the speakers you are buying in order to preserve timbre. I personally like Dali's stuff but I have also heard good things about the Monitors and M.S.'s. I would definitely invest in a subwoofer for HT use but considering that your budget is 2000, you may want to wait and just get the mains first. Good luck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks Joseph for your advice. Will try and keep all speakers matching. I get your point. With respect to choice of speakers could you tell me the pros and cons of DAli Ikon 5 and 6, MS 904 and sugest any model of Monitor that is about 150 Watts to match my amp. Thanks again for your advice.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 263
Dang my member rating.
I could've helped.
Oh well, I'll get to gold sometime in this lifetime.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9553

It ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1479
Nope we've had a member with more post than anyone except for Jan,and this guy was the most closeminded moron that many of us have seen on the net everyone knows who im talking about!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5090
It was my evil twin brother.
Honest.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5091
Ring up another post.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Ooopppps my mistake I apologize.
This is an equal opportunity invitation for comments from all members Platinum to guests.

The reasons I asked for Gold Members were (a) to elicit some response as I posted the same question before and I got hardly any responses and I seem to have partially succeeded ..lol and (b) I assumed wrongly that member rating criterion was based on some rating criterion other than expression of opinions irrespective of their content and based on mere proliferation of posts.
I now hereby invite all Respected members to contribute with their comments irrespective of member rating. A special invitation for their valuable comments to David Pannell, Jan Vigne, Tawaun WIlliams and last but not the least Nuck and his evil twin brother. Cheers guys and oops not to forget gals and wish you all happy listening in 2007. Keep posting.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9557

Nuck, you have an evil brother named "Honest"? Lord, what did your parents name the girls?

Ranjit - If I recommend stuff, I almost always recommend stuff with only three letters. 'Nuff said!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5105
The girl was named Jan.
3 letters, even.
The rest of the integrated family thought it was always about Marsha, though.

Ranjit, if you have still hung in here, you reallr must hear some of these speakers yourself, at home if possible(rec).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Jan. Three letters....wow .You must be writing crosswords in your free time. Wonder what those could be KEF, B&W, B&O or may be who knows its SE X.
Nuck, I know the taste of the pudding is in eating it, however my problem is that there are so many flavours around that I cant taste all. What I want to do is narrow down on 3 to 4 and want to know the pros and cons of each so I can taste only those. In other words if you could reccommend 3 to 4 speakers I will audition those prior to deciding on them.
I am told the fun is in pursuit and not so much in attainment. At least with you guys I can enjoy my pursuit albeit longer than anticipated. Thanks guys.You keep me going. Cheers.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9562

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/308070.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 5124
OK then Ranj, what kind of music do you listen to, and if it's rock, how loud?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us