Speakers to match Marantz SR9200 receiver

Username: Hifientthu

New Delhi, New Delhi INDIA

Post Number: 8
I have a Marantz SR 9200 receiver which is 7.1 channel with a 140 watt output per channel. Got it cheap as the model is being discontinued but has most of the belles and whistles as the newer SR 9600 and a powerfull continuous power amp. I now need to zero in on a set of speakers to match. I am considering DALI ikon 6 5.1 package ( am told bass is not very great) or Ikon 7 as front speakers. Other choices for front speakers are Boston VR 3, KEF, Monitor, Tannoy, Dali AXS 8000,Polk Audio, Modant SHaurt etc. Any advice on an ideal package or match for floor standers and complete Home Theatre system speakers would be welcome. I am open to building a system with different brand speakes for rear, suround, sub etc. Will use 50% HT and 50% stereo. Budget USD 1200 to USD 2000.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 321
A set of tonoys would prolly be nice

Post Number: 9
Thanks Kyle. Any specific model of Tannoy you can suggest.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5068
Ranjit, that receiver will run a zillion speakers.
What do you have to go and audition?
Or bring home to audition?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5069
What kind of musical presentation do you like in your listening area?
In New Delhi, there must be a zillion shops to see.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks Nuck, TO be honest have been reading magazines What HiFi et al and going crazy reading different reviews. Have auditioned VR3 from Boston Acoustics, was nice but the bass lacked punch, Also tried Mordant Shaurt 904s and they were a bit loud and too punchy. I like a wide variety of music from calssical, pop to rock. I like clean sound where you can hear each instrument celarly and individually at a low volume and not necessarily by blasting it. Can you tell me if the Mrantz sr 9200 are considered neutral or bright? ALso based on the same as a counter balance if you could classify appropriate speaker brands. This way wont have to audition so many brands and will audition the ones you suggest. Also I am getting DALI AXS8000 on a sale for about USD 800 which is cheap for us as in India we pay a 40% duty on imports so everything is expensive. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us