It starts again with NAD...

Username: Daniel_1

Post Number: 5
I own NAD T773 receiver and before a year or so, I was thinking that NAD fixed me the humm and hasss issues, though, today I have noticed that these noises returned back... I probably will upgrade my receiver to another one from other brand.

Daniel

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 139
unfortunate... sorry to hear about your loss and the moving away from a terrific "sounding" piece of equipment. good luck, hopefully the sound that you get will actually be an upgrade!

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 997
Daniel:

If you are going to upgrade, go with seperates. Don't waste your time with another receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Mitchbd

Post Number: 92
Daniel - run away from the NAD!! See the issues in the other post:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/283230.html

I agree with Hawk. Skip to separates. You'll be happier in the end!

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 25
Hey Daniel, is the hum is related to the surrounds when processing DD?

The NAD T7X3 series had an internal ground loop problem (yup inside the receiver itself). They changed the design to fix this around the time they introduced firmware ver2.0 and DPLIIx support. This fix was retrofitted to older models if they came in for servicing.

From my experience, I suspect the upgrade/repair wasn't exactly the same fix as happened to the new production.

I bought an old demo T753 and had hum problems - constant hum independant of volume level, left rear channel when decoding digital content; even hummed with 2 channel/stereo DD.

Lenbrook/NAD UK couldn't reproduce the fault, and the unit had already been "upgraded" with the internal ground loop fix, so they swapped the DSP and sent it back (didn't fix it). I tried three different DD sources with both toslink and coxail cables with no difference.

WEIRD BIT...
I then found physically using the volume control, or even firmly pressing the amp facia could eliminate or change the hum pitch (actually pressing one of the button on the amp would do this too; the hum would change pitch until the lcd would default back to the standard menu!).

Although I didn't get to the bottom of my problem, I suspect NAD's the internal ground loop fix wasn't performed correctly and there may have been a dodgy solder somwewhere, I can't be sure as NAD then gave me a brand new one, no problems since!

Username: Daniel_1

Post Number: 7
Thx for the note. However, I had and having bad experience with my NAD system. I like the NAD sound and bought my unit almost at the same day NAD published the T773. Then I called them saying I have these issues with my receiver. I shipped them the unit and they upgraded it to 2.0 software with PLIIx. The issues went away, but before 1-2 months they returned back. As I wrote, I love the NAD sound, but this will be my last NAD receiver. I probably will go with ARCAM next time. I audited the ARCAM line and found no issue with great sound (to my opinion).

Thx again, Daniel
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us