Receiver Help

Bronze Member
Username: Unreal_t

United States

Post Number: 34
I have a pair of Polk Audio Rti8 tower speakers. I have a Yamaha HTR-5740 receiver as well. Can anyone recommend me a receiver that will give me some more sparkle out of my rti8's? What would be a good brand of receivers to match up with the polks? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 141
maybe not a receiver you should be looking for to make the 4 ohm rti8's shine. maybe look towards a 2-channel power amplifier to supliment the current configuration using the yammy receivers pre/outs. This will take strain off of the yammy's power supply for HT and for 2channel music you will be sitting pretty obviously with the separate power amplification.

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 35
What amplifier to you recommend?

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 37
Does the amp add on to what the receiver puts out or does the amp just act by itself.

Username: Waa_i_xanuunaa

Lextington, Nebraska

Post Number: 1
hey guys am looking 4 pansat key data. ifu have plz let me now.or send me m_x_y@msn.com

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12218
Way to hijack a thread, afka!
You are in the wrong forum! Learn to read, you moron!

Tommy,
Sorry about that. The amp does not add to the receiver output. What is your budget? I would be very careful in choosing an amp for those speakers, an amp that can drive 4 ohm speakers is not cheap.

Bronze Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 99
rti8 speakers are 8 ohm speakers

Username: Johnny1

Post Number: 1
ii will buy b&w dm602 s3 speakers next week, can someone help me about recivers, which one you think is the better yamaha rx n600 or rx v659 or some other in that price, please answer. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us