Wharfdale 8.4 vs 9.5

Username: Yusuf

Post Number: 1
I am in search for new speakers. I am deciding between Wharfdale Diamond 8.4 vs Diamond 9.5.
Please advice which one should I go for.

Difference is approx $150 in India. I have Yamaha 5960 receiver.

Post Number: 2
Please help. I listened to both at local shop and can't find much difference. In fact, 8.4 were more pleasant compared to 9.5. From what I read in various forum, 9.5 is supposed to be better so I am not sure if something wrong with setup. I am confused.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5043
Sorry, Yusuf, I just have not heard the speakers in question.
But maybe, neither have you.
I cannot understand how you could listen to 2 pairs of speakers and not find a difference.
If you find no difference, just buy the cheaper ones.
I really am astounded that you cannot pick out the difference in the deliveries of the Wharfdale's.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1476
I own the 9.5s and used to own the 8.4s,the 9.5s are vastly better,more detailed better slam,and much better in the treble,and driver intergration is much better,but the 8.4s are very good though a very nonoffensive sound,the 9.5s are more nuetral and matter of fact,but yet still kinda warm,go for the 9.5s with better elctronics they will reward you much better.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1477
I own the 9.5s and used to own the 8.4s,the 9.5s are vastly better,more detailed better slam,and much better in the treble,and driver intergration is much better,but the 8.4s are very good though a very nonoffensive sound,the 9.5s are more nuetral and matter of fact,but yet still kinda warm,go for the 9.5s with better electronics they will reward you much better.

Username: Cironigri

Post Number: 5
I still have both pairs and I agree with the previous comments.
The 9.5 have better sound stage, hi range and details if you amplifier can do the job (I don't know your model).

Post Number: 5
My amp is Yamaha 5960 (same as 659).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us