Good receiver to connect a record player

Username: Julieb

Post Number: 1
I want to get a receiver for my boyfriend's record player as a gift. I have been looking around and notice that I need to have a phono input to get quality sound. What would be a good brand and model to look at at a reasonable price (less than $300). Also, my boyfriend may purchase a pre-amp in the not so near future, so I would want something that could be compatable with that upgrade.

Bronze Member
Username: Arande2

Post Number: 62
I don't know too much about how components work together, but I do know that I prefer the sound of a tube amp matched with a turntable. The only problem is mixing the wrong amp and turntable is the ultimate death. Maybe if you could get us any info on the record player/turntable we could help you out more.

Username: Julieb

Post Number: 2
its a yamaha yp-701.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
From what I've seen I would suggest you get a Yamaha RX stereo receiver (any would be fine).

If you happen to have $350 then I'd also recommend some of Rotel's line of stereo receivers.

www.rotel.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
I also might've left out that you couldn't buy it new at that price unless you could get it straight from the factory or used (in excellent condition).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us