2 Channel Receiver

Username: Rocks_on_dirt

St. Paul, MN USA

Post Number: 1
Looking to purchase a 2 channel receiver for living room. Budget is around $600.00. 90% will be for music with the othe 10% for the TV. I need MP3 capability as well as a sub woofer output. The 2 receivers that have caught my eye are the NAD C720BEE and the Outlaw RR2150. Any thoughts in which way I should lean, or is there another brand I should look into?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4794
H/K has one as well.3340 or something.
If I needed one, I would go to Outlaw.
Very heavy power supply, phono stage, and try at home 30 day deal.
Power consumption is rated at like 1000w or so.
No problems with 4ohm/difficult speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3716
NAD, Rotel and Outlaw. They are the best sounding reasonably priced 2 channel receivers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4800
As for the mp3, that is a function of your player. All of Art's brands can do the digital thing.
Kevin, please tell me you are using lossless files or .wma

St. Paul, MN USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for responding to my question so quickly. As for the mp3 thing it would mostly using a usb port to hook up a computer. I was leaning towards the outlaw, because of the usb jack and easy access for an i pod, but I hear the NAD C720BEE sounds better. As long as I can integrate my i pod to the NAD I would be OK. I just want the best sound quality for my low end budget. Plus a 2 room option would be nice.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4805
Kevin, the Outlaw has a good SP/DIF connection for straight digital, and using the DAC's of the receiver.
Rather good.

St. Paul, MN USA

Post Number: 3
Does this site have a discussion thread comparing NAD to Outlaw? I am a novice and before researching this. I haven't heard too much about NAD or Outlaw. I just want to purchase something that will stay with "times" so to speak, and like to read as many forums as posssible.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4808
Kevin, Outlaw and Nad have their own forums.
The outlaw is the 'hideout'.
Good group. As expected, each will wax eloquent about their individual virtues, so bring a grain of salt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us