Loud pop and muffled sound

Username: Bfisher

Post Number: 1
I just installed a home theater system in my house. After about 15 min of listening there was a loud pop from the speakers and then the sound came out muffled and distorted. I shut the system down. I restarted it and it was fine. Was able to watch a whole movie and no problem. Started the system up the next day and the sound came out muffled and distorted. Shut it down and after about 15 min restarted and things were fine for a few minutes then another pop and distorted sound.
It has plenty of vetilation around it, so I don't think it is over heating. Plus sound started distorted from off.
Was wondering if static electricty was the cause or if it could be something else.

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 230
What home theater is in your house?

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 959
Check all cable connections at all ends for stray strands or shorts.

Post Number: 2
I had checked all of the connections once already but i will check them again in cased I missed something.

the receiver is a Yamaha Rx-v1600 with klipsch reference speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Arande2

Post Number: 12
It could be caused by a connection in the receiver that didn't quite get connected. I've heard these kind of reports before from people that have yamaha receivers.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 293
Thats a really loud amp with Klip speakers it shouldnt have a problem with them take the amp back and get a new one

Good luck

Post Number: 3
Now the sound in muffled when I turn on the receiver. I turn it off and back on and it does fine. I guess I will have to take it back and get a new one.
Thanks to everyone the wrote.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 296
Np
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us