Strange New Development

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 63
I have a Yamaha HTR-5850 receiver that is driven by a Motorola DVR on Charter cable. Lately (within the past couple of weeks) when a commercial comes on on my high definition channels, there is no center or front sound. The only sound I get is surround and subwoofer. I have it set on Prologic surround. When the show comes back on the sound is fine. What is the problem? (I assume it has to do with the commercials not being encoded properly but I'm not sure.) How can I avoid it? Thanks for any input.

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1119
Have you listened to any other sources with pro logic?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Yes and I don't experience the problem. Also, it is only evident with some commercials and some shows. Other shows and commercials on the same channels operate just fine.

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 124
sounds like a source material matter at a glance, but I don't understand why your surrounds would be playing and not your mains. Check to make sure everything is hooked up correctly. I mean, in all honesty sounds like you have your rears wired to the front l/r channels. If this isn't the case, I haven't the slightest sorry if this doesn't help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
I got it solved. Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us