Music Hall Maven

Username: Mike53

Post Number: 6
I am considering the purchase of a Maven and was wondering if any readers are familiar with this reciever. I have seen the specs but haven't ben able to listen to one. Has anyone had the chance to hear this reciever? What kind of speakers were attached? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3670
With the Outlaw and Rotel models I don't think that I would consider a Music Hall.

Post Number: 7
I am very familiar with the Rotel equipment - my local audiophile shop has the complete line on hand. He just recently got the Music Hall 25.2 series. Both of them are very nice. The recievers have more wattage out than the integrated amps - but than again, I won't be trying to crack the walls. I've read about the Outlaw but have not had the chance to hear one.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3671
The Music Hall will sound very good but reliability has always been an issue with Music Hall, but even worse is what happens when a unit fails. Both Rotel and especially Outlaw stand by their products you won't find the same to be true of Music Hall. That's really all I can say about. Oh and no I'm not a jilted ex Music Hall owner but I get my info from a well connected source in the audio retailing business.

Post Number: 8
Thanks, Art, for the reliability info - it is an issue of which I hadn't heard. I had already decided on B&W 703 speakers and am trying to find something that will make full use of the speakers range. I've read that Rotel and B&W are "partner" (?) companies and their products work well together.
The audio shop I deal with (for nearly 30 years now) guarantees everything they sell, beyond the manufacturer. Your info is appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4604
Hi Mike.
B&W setup B&W North America with the aquisition of Rotel and, a short time later, Classe Audio.
While Rotel and B&W go well together, the rec is for the Rotel line through the 600 series, and Classe for 700's, Nautilus.
Seeing as the 7 series has been around for so long, and development being what it is, I can't see the Classe stuff being 'on top of' the 700 presentation all that much.
I did demo the 703's with Rotel pre and 200w amp (and my own 1072 cdp) and it worked well.

So, how did you decide on the 703's already, without deciding on the other equipment(including source)?
These things really should display some sort on great vibe together before shelling out so large?

Post Number: 9
I wasn't aware, Nuck, that Classe was bought by B&W.
Like yourself, I had heard the 703 as well as the 704 and 604SE via the Rotel 1062 int/amp and 1072 cd player. All sounded very good but the 703 was my preference. I also listened to the 703 connected to an NAD M3 amd Music Hall CD25.2 (that's why I became interested in the Music Hall line of equipment). A big difference...to be expected beigs the NAD cost nearly 4 times the Rotel.

I had listened to several different speakers via various sources and liked the 703 the best. Now I'm trying to find an appropriate amp and cd player. This may be a bass-ackward way of putting together a system but I'm flexible and from what I've seen/heard I'll be able to get a good set-up within my budget.

Just as you did, I'll go back and demo the Rotel pre-amp and amp combo with the 703s.

Thanks for your insight.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us