Anyone know anything about NAD Rowen Swiss Editions?

Username: James_lehmann

Post Number: 10
Seems there's this Swiss company that modify (presumably upgrade) and rebadge most of the NAD Classic line! An interesting concept on the face of it...

NAD Rowen Swiss Edition

The blurb in French at the top basically explains that Rowen use their own techniques and modifications to improve the "stability and musicality" of the standard NAD amps, for example.

Anyone know anything about these NAD RSE versions and how they compare to the originals, and even if they're available outside Switzerland?

(Given the interest in NAD gear here I was surprised when I did a search and nothing turned up, but apologies if it has been covered before.)

Username: Mike53

Post Number: 5
This company sounds similiar to Underwood HiFi. Underwood, however, doesn't re-label the equipment and try to pass it off as their own.

The equipment with the silver finish is, I believe, the Europian version of NAD's gear - which is more appealing to my eye. Too bad the web site wasn't translated to English.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1511
The Titanium Finish (as NAD calls it) is not available in North America for some reason. Why I have no idea. I've heard that it looks better in a picture than in person. Someone said it looks like cheap plastic. I haven't seen it personally to verify or refute.

If I could understand French, I'd comment about the modifications.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4549
The link didn't work, I will try to translate.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4550
This is loose, folks: "Exclusive mod's of selected models to optimise dynamic musicality.
Proprietary methods of Rowan create the RSE. In the amp, stability of the musicality is foremost. In the Nad L53 and C372RSE, the output impedaance curve is treated with proprietary RSE methods.
All Rowan amplifiers are designed for high dynamic loudspeakers, bi-wireable and with adjustable filters.

Hey I had time to kill, and poor translation to be done.

Help, Danman, Peter, et al in Quebec.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1739
Titanium, yuk...trust me...cheap plastic, yup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us