Is Harman Kardon good Surround System????

Username: Mkdhaka

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 7
I am looking into HK AVR 245, 345,445 and 645. I have HK speakers with 10-120 watts. Any suggestions?

Thanks for help!

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1507
To quote Jan Vigne (an upstanding member here) - "Speakers ain't got no watts." If they did, you wouldn't need an amplifier.

I believe any of those would receivers would drive your "HK speakers with 10-120 watts" more than sufficiently. HK make very good receivers. Their speakers leave a lot to be desired in my limited experience with them.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11438
Agree on both assessments. I think the speakers they make really lack detail.

Username: Mkdhaka

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 8
Thanks Stu and Berny! The AVR 245 has 50 Watts per channel and AVR 645 has 75 watts per channel. I have a room 10'*20' so would 50*5 be enough for my room? The AVR 645 is too expensive comparing to AVR 245 ($800 Vs. $ 400). Any suggestions guys? Thanks in advance!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11439
You need to worry about the speakers you will be using. The HK has ample power and if you get the 245, I don't think you will be disapointed.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4515
You will find that the speakers need re-working, Morris.
Stick around.

Username: Morrow

Post Number: 2
Just purchased the HK AVR645. I plan on running Athena speakers (4) AS-B2, (2) AS-R1, (1) AS-C1, and subwoofer AS-P400. I read some really good reviews on the reciever as well as the speakers so i'm hoping for a great result. A couple floor standing AS-F2's would really help, but i think this will sound wicked. The tricky part will be hiding all the speaker wire. (Any idea's/suggestions)

http://www.athenaspeakers.com/v2/classic.php?ident=AS-R1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us