Anyone know about vintage loudspeakers????

Username: Only126db

California USA

Post Number: 5
I went to a church rummage sale today and picked up some speakers. The papers attached said Karlson with a c15w 15" woofer, cj30 midrange horn, 4401 horn tweet and n3 crossover, I have not removed the back to verify all this but only paid $30 for the pair. anyone know much about this setup?

Username: Only126db

California USA

Post Number: 6
Well I opened them up and....Not what they said of course!! The one has the n3 crossover university tweet and mid though not the 4401 tweet and the woofer is a utah not university. Speaker #2 is a newer utah woof and who knows the tweet the mid is a lincolnwood or something and no N3 crossover, some cheap a** capacitors, one looks like its from a damn t.v. or something, has 4 terminals on the top!!! Oh well I guess $30 for it all isnt bad but not what I expected....Oh and they sound like a** too, mids and tweets are way more efficient than the woofs plus the bass is not there, thinking its the boxes, woof section not sealed so maybe a little tweekin and I can get one decent mono speaker for my garage...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us