Please need advice for novice...

Username: Toomuchactions

Post Number: 1
hello all and thanks in advance for any suggests or advices. I am looking forward to purchase a new receiver(outlaw 1070 a/v receiver--seem to interest me the most) and some speakers for the front, rear and a sub. what I am looking at is B&W DM601(two pair) and HSU VTF-2 MK 2 for sub. don't know this is the right choice. I've already have a Boston 525v for center speaker and a pair of old Boston t830 floor standing(looking forward to give them away to friend).

I've listen to the B&W DM601 from a local electronic store and love it very much as compare to the B&w DM602 and some NHT bookshelf speakers.

my main focus is mainly for the surround sound 5.1 and maybe do some upgrade in the future to 6.1 or 7.1.

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 621
Sounds like you have a plan, so what's the problem? All quality stuff if youy ask me.

Post Number: 2
thanks you Christopher. 90% of what I've known or plan is through the reading from this forum. for instance the outlaw a/v 1070 I have never listen to it before. All was from the great praise and suggestion from this board, and the same goes to the HSU VTF-2 MK 2 sub.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 623
It's very hard to find negative professional reviews, and it's very hard to find negative consumer reviews because most consumers feel a need to reinforce their purchasing decisions, IMHO.

Members on this board, save a few, are not sycophants, they're straight shooters & tell it like they hear it.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 625
T.H.

If you haven't seen this already, you might want to save a few $$$ on a b-stock 1070 here http://www.outlawaudio.com/mofcart/bstock.html

Post Number: 3
thanks you christopher and if anyone interested to purchase the HSU sub. in the Anaheim, California area. here is the address to the hsu store.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/

it's located at

3160 E. La Palma Ave. unit D
Anaheim, CA 92806

phone # 714-666-9260 or 800-554-0150

they are open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. monday to friday.

I'll be stopping by tomorrow to pick up a sub

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 627
Most here are familiar with HSU, ask about their B-stock too.

Post Number: 4
thanks again Christopher. currently they(HSU) do not have any B-Stock available but do have a waiting list for it. man, the HSU VTF-2 is awesome. I was there to pick up the sub today and ask them to test it out. it base sound so pure as compare to it stf-2 model. it's really a great sub as comparing to some of the B&W I have listen to--at a local electronic store. again thanks for all the help.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 629
I find it really hard to compare most quality subwoofers unless I A/B them. I think you'll be happy with your set-up. You did go with the B&W DM-601s, correct?

Post Number: 5
yes...I will pick them up once I've receive my outlaw 1070 a/v receiver. otherwise, plan to pick them up this weekend..

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 633
Check back in when everything is up & running, and let us know what you think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us