Harmon kardon

Username: Mista74

Post Number: 4
I have B&W speakers(604 S3) and I need to get an integrated receiver that is cheap and good! Can anyone make any suggestions? The only thing that seems to be in my price range are harmon kardon avr 140, avr 144, or avr 150. Can anyone tell me if any of these models are good, and which one is best? Is Harmon Kardon good? Sorry I am not very knowledgeable in this area....
I will be using this for CD player only...

Bronze Member
Username: Shawnharman

Post Number: 19
assuming cd player only means 2 channel playback only???? I would look into the H/K 3480 its cheap, and its very good, very high build quality and sound. but if it is for multi channel music, I would consider the AVR-140 its also very good quality.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1488
Harman Kardon makes a quality product. They're built well, sound respectable, and are true to their specs. If you like the way they sound, they're a very good choice.

As Shawn said, if you're only doing 2 channel, don't waste your money on surround receiver. Buy a stereo receiver. The receiver he mentions is a very good one. It can be found cheaper on Harmon's e-bay store.

Other good stereo receivers are made by NAD, Marantz, Rotel, and Outlaw. They all cost different amounts and I don't know your budget, so you should look them up and see what fits.

If you're not going to use the tuner (radio), you may also want to look into integrated amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us