How is the new ARCAM 350 receiver?

Username: Daniel_1

Post Number: 4
Any data from owner about the receiver capavility and performance? Currently, I am using the NAD T773 with Snell speakers and I am thinking to exchange it with the new ARCAM. Any data will help me.

Thanks, Daniel

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1714
Daniel,

I'm not an owner (well, I own the Arcam FMJ solution, but that's another kettle of fish). I *am* a part-time retailer. I have a lot of experience with the 350. It is a significant leap forward from the 300. The fundamental difference in the 350 is the preamp stage. Now I always thought the 300's preamp stage was excellent, but the 350 brings a lot more in terms of guts and drive. It's also got more detail and depth, so although the 300 was already excellent value for money here in the UK, the 350 was so much better that once it came out, sales of the 300 dropped through the floor. It makes that much difference even though the power rating of the 350 is the same as that of the 300.

I also rate the 350 much more highly than the (same price) Denon AVR4306 to which we have compared it directly. Now the 4306 is a fine machine and it has one feature which I really wish were in the Arcam, this being the auto setup feature. I really wish Arcam would pull their collective finger out and get this feature into the product since this is the *only* thing which is a real question mark over it. There aren't enough knowledgeable customers out there and it's important to break the fear factor with these more complicated products, and now that Audyssey is actually accurate, they really should get it in there. Other than that, the 350 is a fine machine which I'm sure you'll enjoy immensely.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us