Dynaudio 72SE, Elac FS 208.2 or JM Lab Chorus 826 V

Username: Magoo47

Post Number: 1
G'Day Guys,

I am new to the forums and hoping to get some help with speaker selection.

My last system was Dynaudio 52's driven by Para power/pre it was sold about a year ago.

I am in sydney so not that many options at the price iam looking at. I am looking for a system for about $6500-7000k AUD that is a 2 channel and will hook it up to watch movies at times but primarily for Music.

I know the amp i ll be buying is MF A3.5 Int which retails for about 2600 but is on special atm $2000.

Speakers that i am thinking about are as follows:
1) Dynaudio 72SE - I am a dyn fan and these are on specials at a deal and goin for $3500 AUD. Goin for a listen tommorrow.

2) Elac FS208.2 - I heard an Elac about a year ago and was impressed and I have read good things about this particular model though I am goin for a listen tommorrow. RRP $4000 on special for $3700

3) JM Lab Chorus 826 V - Now i have not been a big JM fan but heard the speaker at the dealer where I am getting the MF A3.5 and I have to say that for the price they did a pretty darn good job and also were heaps better than the older models...the older models being to bright for my liking. These one though a tad on bright side just at times ... had enough warmth and the lower end had some life and was generally well controlled. RRP $3000

I listen to a bit of everything depends on what mood I am in. From techno to acoustic just a bit of everything which i guess makes it hard at times.

I am no technical guru and have my limitations understanding reviews when they get too technical.

Any other speaker suggestions around that price range?

Thanks for your help guys.

Ps any suggestions for a CD Player around $700-800 AUD Mark?

Cheers

Jez

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1386
I would say if you could swing up a little more in price and go after the Dynaudio Focus 220s or check out the Usher CP 6311,the Usher you can find cheaper they do retail cheaper than all of the ones you listed and it throws a bigger soundtage than the rest,and the build qaulity is along the lines of something that costs $7000,great speaker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us