In-Wall Speakers: Any thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 530
Over the past few years I've focused on auditioning, buying & stockpiling budget minded bookshelf speakers. But with the possibility of moving into a new home in the near future (I currently live in an apartment), I'd like to know any thoughts you might have on In-Wall speakers. Has anyone listened to the Dayton In-Wall models from Parts Expess? What about Paradigm?

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 207
I guess if u wanna save space but other then that not worth it

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 238
Ive actually heard some pretty decent B@W, and bay audio in walls in just the last few months that surprised me. Not ideal, but not a total waste of money either. The Bay Audio were a little better in that they sounded much fuller, and spacious than the B@Ws, but that could also be because the B@Ws had a directional tweeter aimed at the sitting position. I personally wouldnt go that route, but it is an option that I think has gotten much better over the last few years, as home theaters have become that much more popular, and then, of course, there is the WAF factor, which, sadly some guys have to appease.

BTW, I have no idea why the B@W is showing up as a link. It is not intended to be.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 212
Remeber you do live in a APT and that i;m sure your super wouldnt like you putting holes in his walls

Btw it shows up as a like becuz of the "@"

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 213
I no mine wouldnt lol

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 533
But I said I might be moving into a new house (no walls yet, no foundation, nada).

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 214
Oh sorry i;m not feeling the best headache and what not well ts really up to you if you like the way they look and the way they sound then get them but if you would perfer speakers and like the way u can put them anywhere get thos

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 535
o...k?

Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 8
Have you looked into the higher end in-walls such as MartinLogan? They are primarilly known for the electrostatic floorstanders they make, but they also produce some killer in-walls.

www.martinlogan.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us