Floorstanding speakers

Username: Atxpimpin

ATX, Texas Uniteed states

Post Number: 6
I think that Harmon Kardon have the best floorstanding speaker sound. They are the only ones that I have found that I know of that are good electrostatic speakers. Electrostatic is the best, but they are not that cheap though so they might not be the best thing for the money. I was wondering if anybody knew the best electrostaitc speaker brand, no money limit,I would like to know.

Bronze Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 71
I listend to Martin Logan's newer electrostats, as they had a few in the $2500 price range, as well as the pricey ML's. As usual, I write down my thoughts on the speaker's performance. The usual clarity, with the usual tonal thinness, are the drawbacks of the smaller, less expensive electrostats. The panel section of the speaker is usually breathtakingly clear, and the woofer is usually less successfully integrated. Even the larger ML's have a tremendous amount of clarity and detail, but the bass performance is a tradeoff. Another factor with electrostats is the somewhat beamy dispersion; this is not to everyone's liking. If you like the punch and heft of conventional drivers, you may not like the presentation of electrostats. Check your private message area for a transcript of my ML auditioning if you care to read it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us