Dynamic Range setting on NAD T163 pre-pro?

Darren
Unregistered guest
I guess this applies to anyone with a newer NAD product, the T163 pre-pro or T773 receiver, T763, T753, etc. Anyway I have the T163 with the T973 amp and was wondering what everyone else sets their Dynamic Range setting to ( 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% ). I tried setting it to 100% but found it too dynamic at times to the point of almost hurting my ears by the end of the film ( I like it loud ). I have been tinkering around with the settings for a while and I personally have settled on 75%, with speakers set to LARGE and the sub crossover set at 60 htz. What are your thoughts?
Also I know that I can adjust the dynamic range when watching movies in DD, but is there a way to adjust the dynamic range when watching a movie in DTS?
By the way, my speakers are Paradigm Reference studio v.2's.

Thanks for any input on this matter.

Darren
Unregistered guest
I know that the title of this thread deals with the NAD pre-pro and that there is a section specifically for dealing with pre-pros. I did post this same question there. I did, however, decide to post in the RECEIVER section as well because this does apply to anyone with a newer NAD receiver as the OSD are the same for each.

Again, thanks for any comments.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us