Denon 2106 Vs Marantz 5600

Username: Craigblue

Post Number: 8
I Bought B&W 602S3 for front and rear speakers which are 120W, LCR600 for centre . I have 2 choices: denon 2106 and marantz 5600 which support up to 90w, are they right choice for my speakers?
Or I should switch to denon 3806 instead?
The room which I've placed the speakers is a 7m x 5m.
Please advise.
Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 115
great system leo!!! i'm happy that you have made such a fine choice of speakers. you will probably fall in love with the b&w house sound as i did.

the 602 s3's will take some real power to get the job done, i would go with the 3806 if your going to stick to a receiver (pioneer elite 74txi, h/k 640/645, marantz 8500 also options). pre/pro with 5 channel amp would do the trick aswell for a little more dough. options, decisions, etc...
have fun Leo

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 894
If you want musicality go for Marantz out of the two brands. Jeff is correct, I was driving my 602's with my Marantz SR7300 which did a good job, though with my fronts now connected to a Nad C162/272 combo they do better - they do like power even though the specs say they are fairly efficient. Get the best powered receiver you can afford and you'll get the best from the speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Jedi1

Post Number: 18
i also bought B&W602s3 all right.. i'll will prefer Marantz SR7500.. infact SR7500 is a award winining receiver.... good price, value for money..... i already order SR7500....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us