NAD T753 and Monitor Audio B4

Anonymous

Hi! Is this combination is okey? I really need an input on this. Any opinion guys?

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 551
I think it is an excellent combo.

Enjoy!

Anonymous

Ive got a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 8is, paired with a woefully inadequate, 15+ year old Nakamichi TA-1A 35 watt amp. I was thinking about pairing the speakers with the new NAD T753 or 763. How much power do I need, and generally, do NAD and Monitor Audio mate well? (Im really scared about birth defects)

thx, Geoff

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 143
That combo is a bit dry and cold for my taste. Try either NAD with B&W or KEF or MA with TagMcLaren, or Rotel. The ideal, budget wise, would be Rotel with either KEF or B&W.
Enjoy

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 419
I disagree with the previous poster about NAD and MA. They make a good combination and a warmer sound than Rotel and MA. The NAD is a much warmer receiver than Rotel. Also consider the Elite vsx55txi and the Marantz 7400 or 8400. Either is a perfect match with your S8's. I have a Elite45 and Silver 2's and it terrific. Warm and at the same time very dynamic. Really great combo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
Well, not if we're talking separates, but ok, it's your opinion. The warmer sound I can find here would really be Rotel-KEF/B&W
Enjoy

GT
Unregistered guest
How about NADT753 and Mission M33/M34? Is this a good combination? Thanks for the input guys.

Silver Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 102
GT,

Well going on my C521bee/C320bee/M71i's I don't think this combo is ideal. It sounds a little harsh and a touch too forward to my ears (others have reported this too). You can remedy it some by tweaking but I don't feel you should have to do this. Get a listen, maybe I'm wrong about NAD receivers matched with the newer Mission range.

gt
Unregistered guest
thanks valeem!

Username: Mrspeeed

Canada

Post Number: 2
Valeem,

What would you recommend either separates or receiver wise with Missions. I have the cheaper 700 series (but I thought when I bougth them and still do that they were good value and detailed...I prefer detail)

Regards

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
Detail is Rotel's middle name

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
Mr. Speed,

Sorry for the late reply I just saw your query. I personally like the Mission/Marantz combo as the forward nature of the speakers balance well with the more laid back nature of Marantz receivers. Other brands that will go well with Mission's are HK, Pioneer as they too have a laid back nature. I'm not that clued up on seperates (I presume you are asking about HT equipment), well not just yet anyhow.

If you haven't already tried it I would recommend replacing the gold plated jumpers with some using speaker wire. I've done this on all my M71i's and the improvements are very noticeable. It even worked a treat on my NAD/Mission combo and with the addition of a Van Den Hul D102III I now get a very smooth and detailed sound (as much as my equipment will allow).

Bronze Member
Username: Mrspeeed

Canada

Post Number: 27
Valeem,

Thanks for your post. I should have started a new thread (newbie at time of posting). Marantz, HK and Pioneer are all names I keep hearing so I will probably go that route.

I've already bi-wire my speakers, hence I've already spent the money on the wire. Would you suggest then to forget about the biwire and just use your method of connecting the 2 sets of terminals via speaker wire?

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
No, if you are already biwiring then don't bother as long as you have done away with the gold jumpers one way or another I think you will be fine. However if you don't want the expense of biwiring your surrounds (if applicable) then the speaker wire jumpers are a good idea and cost nothing really.

Agent Smith
Unregistered guest
What do you guys think of the Monitor Audio B4 matched up with a Denon AVR 2803?
Is this a good combo?

Agent Smith
Unregistered guest
What do you guys think of the Monitor Audio B4 matched up with a Denon AVR 2803?
Is this a good combo?

Agent Smith
Unregistered guest
Is this a good combo?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us