Use Rogers LS1 on NAD T763 on speaker B, but shuts off.

Username: Firsttimenad

Post Number: 1
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and was grateful to find so many NAD experts here. Hope some of you can help solve my problem.

After departing my not-so-satisfied Onkyo 601, I bought the T763 and it's now connecting to a pair of Jensen speakers (6ohms) .

Last week I connected another pair of speakers (Rogers LS1 - 6ohms?) to the speaker B terminals and the amp just shuts off as I increase the volume... it was not loud at all ... not more than -30db. I noticed the front power light turned RED and there was no response from all controls... and luckily after I switched the power off/on from the back of unit, it was back to normal.

After that, I tried both A + B speakers on, and only B on, but same thing happened.

When I get a chance in the weekend, I might try connecting the LS1 alone to speakerA terminals and see what happens.

But anyway, can anybody explain what happened? Was there an overload-safety switch which was tripped because the speaker was overloaded? ... mind you, there was no distortion heard from the LS1 speakers.

Really appreciate your reply.

Thanks in advance!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us