Tuner antenna

Username: Canyon

Post Number: 8
Hello, I live in a canyon, right below Mt. Wilson, outside LA. All the NPR LA stations use Mr. Wilson for their antennas, so I can't receive them. The only noncommercial station I can pick up comes from San Bernardino because it's down south, away from Mt. Wilson. If I lived a mile down the hill, I could get everything, but living where I do, nothing. Is there an antenna that might help me get the Mt. Wilson stations? Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9533

Probably not. But you are going to get a better answer from a local TV shop rather than a forum like this. You can try calling the antenna manufacturers and ask for their suggestions (put "TV/FM antenna" into a search engine. You will need to know the location of the broadcast antenna(s) for the stations you wish to pick up and their relative location to where you could possibly place an antenna. Unfortunately, FM is too site specific for anyone on a forum like this to be of much assistance in a situation where a few yards difference in antenna location can make the difference between acceptable reception and just noise. Try switching your tuner into "mono" for less noise and a better capture ratio. If there is a local cable company, they might carry the local FM channels - for a price. Tivoli makes an excellent tuner in their table top radio and it has an output that can plug into your audio system. Otherwise, I would suggest you look into satellite radio such as Sirius or XM. Neither will provide your local channels but will give you access to NPR. Or you can stream content over your computer as a fairly decent resort.

Bronze Member
Username: Turnerdaniel770

Post Number: 11
I agree with you

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17866

Thanks, better late than never.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video