Problems with NAD T743 A/V receiver

Username: Tristras

Post Number: 1
I`m having big problems for second time with a receiver NAD 743 ( first was replaced within the first month). Basically the receiver is blocked, and I can`t do anything with it... (I dont have anything strange connected to it, just the speakers, and just try to listen the radio !!)

It`s quite frustrating that after a year without any problem the control panel is giving again same problems... I have found another person who had similar problems, so I would like to know if someone in this forum have had issues with NAD receivers, and more particulary on T 743.

I think these units has problems of overheating. Mine its over a table, stand-alone, not sun-exposed, so it can not be my fault for not ventilating... frustating...

Any answer will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Daniel

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 993
What do you mean by "the receiver is blocked"? Is it not getting sufficient ventliation?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4182
over a table, not sun-exposed.
Is it a mental block? Writers block?
New kids...never mind.

What are the speakers(should matter little) and at what power levels?

It is the display pooping out? What does it do?

Username: Tristras

Post Number: 2
Sorry, all of this misunderstandings are due to my low english... anyway, 1000 thanks for the interest.

> What do you mean by "the receiver is blocked"?
When I said "block" I mean that the receiver hangs. What I mean is that it doesnt responde, so I have to unplug directly from the wall. When its off, very few times (randomly) I`m able to turn it on.

> It is the display pooping out? What does it do?
Display is off, or sometimes display only "video 1", when im listeting source "CD".

> What are the speakers(should matter little) and at what power levels?
The speakers are a Jamo couple of 3 Way bassreflex 120 W, 88db sensitivity, with 8 ohms impedance. When it started to happen the whole thing, I was listening the radio (integrated) at very low power level... ( I do not remember how much but very low)

> Is it not getting sufficient ventliation?
It could not get more ventilation. That is what meant when I wrote "stand-alone", "not sun exposed" :-) .... It has nothing piled up, and around 50 cms to the closer wall... but it is true that the casing used to be very warm when it plays.

Thanks again Hawk & Nuck for your interest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us