Help...Technics SA 101, Marantz SR-3300

Username: Shadwag

Post Number: 2
I'm hoping someone who knows older audio equipment can help me with a few questions.

I went a bit crazy on ebay one night and bought two recievers, listed in the subject of this post.

The technics' tuner selection band (or whatever you call the radio staion numbers) don't light up at all...I don't see any bulbs but it looks as if maybe light should come from behind the numbers to illuminate them. Anyone know if this needs to go to a shop or if it was just built to not light up (functions perfectly otherwise).

Now for the Marantz...I've never heard one before but have heard nothing but good things about them. The model I got is, like I said, the SR-3300. I can't find jack on it through google. It came w/ a warranty card dated 1988 so I'm guessing that's when it was built. It has matrix surround if that will help any gurus out there place the date on it.

Anyways, the sound is pretty unimpressive. I was expecting more from it. The technics seems to blow it out of the water in both spl and sound quality. Did Marantz have some bad years?

Any expert info/opinions would be great.

Thanks...

Username: Shadwag

Post Number: 3
Here are the pics of each, to help with anyone who might know anything about these things. I have no clue as to the year on the technics. All I've been able to dig up is that the tech. is 18 wpc and the marantz 60 wpc.
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us