Help with auto functions

Username: Razza

Post Number: 1
i've got a secondhand turntable which works fine except the auto-cue and auto-return don't function. oh yah, and it doesn't turnoff unless you unplug it. heh heh... it's an AKAI semiautomatic model AP-A1.
Does anyone have any advice on how I can repair these problems myself?

Bronze Member
Username: Aid4hearing

Redlands, CA

Post Number: 11
this will most likely not help. But my main joy in life lately is obtaining second hand audio equipment(usually only vintage pieces) from the vast and numerous customers i deal with each day in my line of work. And as a matter a fact, i just recently was given an Akai amp and tuner. Anyways, pertaining to your question. Have you tried just carefully opening up the turntable to try spotting out any obviously damaged parts? it could be something as simple as a wad of cat hair or some sort of debris jamming it up. I'm also not to familiar with Semi-automatic turntables. This is not an insult and i hope its not taken as such, but is it possible that a "semi-Automatic" player wouldn't do all the things a fully automatic player would? I guess i'm curious on what the exact differences between what a auto and semi-automatic turntables functions would be. like i said, this probably won't help, but i had to throw that out there...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us