NAD T753: Blinking display text & low input gain

Username: Fr3drik

GothenburgSweden

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I recently bought a NAD T753 v2 and I'm using it with a pair of Minipod speakers (stereo only, that is).

Now, whenever I'm not in tuner mode, text in the upper right corner is blinking. It says "DIGITAL <input#>" where input# changes depening on which mode I'm in (DVD, CD etc)... Now, can I make this blinking stop? It's a bit annoying... (and why does it blink in the first place?)

When I connected my speakers, I noticed that the volume in tuner mode was much higher than for example when connecting my laptop or TV to the receiver. When maxing out volume on my laptop, the volume was still very, very low. I have now set the input gain for the DVD mode to be +12dB just because of this ...and now it kind of matches the volume of the tuner (which has its input gain set to 0dB).
I don't want to switch to tuner mode by mistake and blowing up my speakers... Now, is this the correct way to go about this?

Kind regards,
Fredrik

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4100
Fredrik, when you toss s many variables at the situation, youm ust anticipate issues, input voltage among them.
Keep fiddling,or set up a proper preamp for the receiver.

Youmight want to look into this computer card

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product= 14000

It has memory for preset inputs and such.
I like mine.

Bronze Member
Username: Halej

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 16
Fredrick- I have a NAD T-763. Your receiver is looking for a digital input for this device (Input). go to "input settings" and turn the "digital" selection to "off" (if you are only using an analog connection with this particular input). The reciever will try to find and will use the digital signal first - if present. You can also adjust the "Gain" if you have the latest software version 2.08 (I think). I also get greater volume from my DVD by using the analog inputs. I just got the upgrade and have adjusted all my input devices to play at approx. the same level and it's great!

Good Luck
John

Username: Ebizboy

Post Number: 3
For some reason I wasn't able to start a new thread so I hope nobody minds if I jump onto this one.

I have an NAD T573 as well, but my problem is with the video output via component to my LG 50PM10 monitor. Whenever a mostly white scene is broadcast, such as a snow ski scene, either via cable box or DVD, the monitor seems to lose the signal coming from the AVR. I have tried connecting both components directly to the monitor and the problem goes away so I'm fairly confident that the problem lies with the AVR.

Does anybody have any similar experience with this issue? If so, could you tell me if this is something that I can correct in the setup, or is it a hardware/software problem?

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us