Archive through January 13, 2006

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a Logik MP3 player which has been working fine until the other day, I switch it on and it said incorrect format pleas reformat the player which I have tried to do on windows xp in fat it says it has been formatted but when I switch it on it still says the same on the mp3 player and it wont format it in fat32, anyone got any ideas dont no whether to download the driver again to the computer any help appreciated

Unregistered guest
my logik mp3 player keeps showing me on my computer that it has lots of songs on and that there is 700MB left but when i turn it on it will only let me have 28 songs could anyone help please?

Unregistered guest
I have a Logik MP3 player and have loaded 149 songs though still have some 200Mb of memory left. Suddenly the MP3 player will not allow any more songs to be loaded and the PC comes up with a screen saying "Cannot copy {SONG TITLE} : The directory or file cannot be created". Another Microsoft brilliant message that tells you what but not why!! Can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Logik MP3 player. I've just learnt how to put my CDs on to the computer, but when I transfer them to the MP3 they don't go on in artist/album/track order, they go on in track/alphabetical order so I've just got a jumble of tracks.

How can I create folders for each artist, with the albums for each artist in their folder?

Thanks in advance.

geirergoy
Unregistered guest
You got a CD with your mp3-player. Use it!
It's full of drivers and a manual.

PS. It's not really a Logik, it's a SigmaTel.
Homepage for the chip-manufactorer is www.sigmatel.com
The CD contains firmware upgrade tool.

All those who format their player must use FAT and not NTFS.

I have the 1GB version, and it's not broken yet.

-----Geir Ergoy

Unregistered guest
I know it has a CD with it but it is not very clear and i don't understand it.

thank you to the person who emailed me- but i dont know how to create a folder! could someone explain it step by step?

thanks

Gaynor
Unregistered guest
I've done it!! Thanks Tony for your help

dc nix
Unregistered guest
ive got the logik mp3 player, ive uploaded some wma files. they display the song and artist, etc. but it wont play the songs! the voice recorder works, its not on hold, can any one help, please

Username: Sherrydensmore

Oregon USA

Post Number: 1
When I download songs to my mp3 player, it shows on my computer that the songs have been uploaded to the player, but when I try to listen, it shows on the screen that there are no files. Am I doing something wrong? This is my first mp3 player.....Please help

em
Unregistered guest
Ive got a logik mp3 player. I dont know how to put songs on. i tried to but when i took the player out of the computer it said no files..
I dont find the instructions very clear.

Anonymous

SigmaTel does not supply specific drivers for MP3 players. Please contact the MP3 player manufacturer.
For contacts regarding the use or purchase of SigmaTel technologies in your design, please send your request to sales@sigmatel.com.

Unregistered guest
HI I HAVE A LOGIK 1GIG MP3 AND WEN I CONNECT IT TO MY PC MY PC WILL NOT RECOGNISE IT I HAVE INSTALLED THE DRIVERS THAT CAME WITH IT AND ALL MY USB PORTS ARE WORKING PROPERLY CAN ANYONE PLESE HELP

punkbhoy
Unregistered guest
I have just got a logik 1gb mp3 player but i cannot get the files from my computer onto the player. Am i doing the right thing trying to transfer them from my windows player? It just keeps saying error

anne 1
Unregistered guest
i have brought a 512mb logik mp3 player and took it in to dixons at it did not download the songs. the guy told me to download something for it to work form the logik website - but there is no logik website can u help me?

Unregistered guest
when i plug my logik mp3 player into the usb port of my computer no instructions come up on the screen which i was hoping for because none came with it. I have 100's of songs in itunes, can i transfer them from there? can anybody please help me!

bob_bobbery1690
Unregistered guest
I have just bought a 129mb mp3 player, and although i can hear the music i cant hear the voices on the song or what they are singing. is there something wrong with the mp3 player or something?

Rabbistone
Unregistered guest
Logik 512MB MP3 Player.

Simple instructions -

1. Plug in to Usb Port on Computer.
2. Wait for Xp to recognise.
3. Open my computer and Look for Removable Drive.
4. Open Removable Drive.
5. Copy MP3 songs from your Music to Removable Drive.
6. Unplug player and turn on. (Press and Hold play button)
7. Play Music.

Use Windows Media player to copy your cd's, choose MP3 format under options in media player and remember where it put them. (Usually in my music folder)

Name your Songs in the format you wish them to be displayed on your player ie. New Order - Perfect Kiss.mp3

You may want to create folders for your songs, do this by right click menu in player folder under windows, choose create new folder.

Had player for a while now, not needed any drivers or updates, have not even looked at disk that came with player.

Not bad for £34.99, Headphones were not too bad either, but then I have Funny shaped ears.

Using Windows XP Home with service Pack 2.

Unregistered guest
Hi, i am planning to buy a Logik 1 gig mp3 player.. can anyone please tell me is it worth buying . are there any technical problems with the player. any kind of suggestion will be appreciated

Anonymous

same stuff here - 1Gb bought a month ago. Was working fine for about that time - now not one pc seems to be reading the data of the player. The only option Win comes up with is formatting the flash drive. Or is it an option?

Also, there was 2 files on the drive before i copied anything onto it and I haven't deleted nor modified them. I have always unplugged the LOGIK mp3 player the "safe way". Anybody help?

Unregistered guest
I just bought an Logik MP3 1GB.. silly question but say I put a couple of tracks in a directory.. can I just play those tracks in that specific directory ? Instead.. it plays all the tracks stored on it, but plays that directory first then the next directory, serially.

Any help ?

Unregistered guest
i have a 3.3 giabyte logik and ive only had it for a day and the screen has frozen and the buttons dont work, plus it is extremely hard to put songs on it. SOMEBODY HELP!

Unregistered guest
the logik mp3 player 1gig is extremely frustrating,, even though it has a 1gig capacity it only has the abilty to play a maximum of 240 songs,, or of any number of songs less than 240 in 13 folders,, so if u have 1 song in each of 14 folders it will only play 13 of them and it appears 2 randomly select which of the 13 to play,, very frustrating,, u can however load the maximum capacity of 1 gig worth of songs onto the mp3 player and it will store them it will however again see to randomly selct which 240 songs it will play ,, very very very annoying,, any1 thinking of buying 1,,,,, DONT not worth it,, just spend a little bit extra on a half decent, uncomplicated, functional mp3 player

Unregistered guest
have bought some itunes (protected aac), transfer them ok but, mp3 shows no music. can see them under navigation but still wont play . can anyone help plz?

Username: Marco772

Southampton, Hants United Kingdom

Hi, I have the Logik 1gb MP3 player and up until recently, it worked fine. I have a theory on what I may have done though. I deleted everything that was on on recently, does this mean I've deleted the drivers or whatever it was that came from the accompanying CD?
Now when I press play the whole player freezes up and I have to remove the battery just to turn it off!
Unfortunately I moved house not long ago and can't find the CD that it came with.
Can anyone tell where I can get the necessary software from the internet (if, indeed, I need it)? Or if anyone has the drivers, and if it's possible, it would be great if you could email them to marco772uk@yahoo.co.uk
Any help at all though would be much appreciated!
Thanks for reading
Mark

Username: Sophie

LeedsEngland

Hi to anyone, who has downloaded songs, but they are not playing, u are not alone!
My songs are displayed, but will not play, and sum times when I press the play button, trying to play the songs, my Mp3 player freezes! wats up with that?!
Duz anyone have any answers, I just wanna listen to my music! *sob*

Helios
Unregistered guest
Ok, the answer to many of the problems here, tunes from iTunes can only be played on iPods and other devices that support that particular format. The logik mp3 players do not, hence the reason it is a wma/mp3 player.

Anonymous

I have 276 songs on my 1GB logik player split between about 15 folders, and they all play fine, even on random mode or "in order" mode. lot are wmv format, as this uses less space and sounds almost as good.

for new users - Just open your "removeable disk directory" from my computer and create the folders from there (as if you were using my documents, or whatever). I.e create a folder for each artist or album or whatever you want really. Then transfer the songs to there respective folders. Important - the logik player plays songs in alphabetical order (within each folder) so you must rename the songs with numbers (ie 01. song - 02. song etc) if you want to create a playing order.

MuzoEdge
Unregistered guest
I have just bough this logik 3.3gb mp3 player
And my od it the worst that ive ever bought,
firstly as soon as i got it i put 2 cd full of mp3 on it, it the complained and needed reformatting, 2 days later and the firmware failed and need reinstalling, and now today somthing has gone wrong with the boot and i'm stuck on a blank screen with the backlight glowing, i mean jesus could anything more whrong happen to this damn mp3 player, for the money i might as well of bought a gig stick mp3 player, i mean this mp3 play has more chance of cooking and eating damned bannanas that working right...

Joseph Ballantyne
Unregistered guest
I have got my songs onto my 1gb logik mp3 player but now I have such a big list of songs. Could someone please tell me how to put my songs into folders on the mp3 player. Thank you.

Joseph Ballantyne
Unregistered guest
I have got my songs onto my 1gb logik mp3 player but now I have such a big list of songs. Could someone please tell me how to put my songs into folders on the mp3 player. Thank you.

Dave Kemp
Unregistered guest
I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A 3.3 GB LOGIK PLAYER AND I FORMATTED IT...NOW ITS SAYING REINSTALL F/W???
I GO ONTO THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED AND CLICK ON RENEW FW AND IT SAYS I GOTA FIND A FOLDER WHERE THE ORIGINAL FIRMWARE WAS???WHERE IS IT??I HAVE NO IDEA AND IM CLOSE TO THROWING IT AROUND THE ROOM....LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER GUYS HERE!!!ITS S***

Dan Everitt
Unregistered guest
I just got a Logik HDD 3.3 gb Mp3 player, and in the instruction manuel it says ''Insert CD driver disk and click on HDD Jukebox'' THERE IS NO ''HDD JUKEBOX BUTTON'' TO CLICK!

Also when i plug it into my computer it says found new hardware, then the new hardware screen doesn't come up, then it politely informs me that my new hardware was not installed properly. I'm using windows xp if that helps, sounds like these 3.3 gb are crap. Can Someone help? Thanks :-)

Carl Greenwood
Unregistered guest
Lot of posts on this thread!! But can anybody out there tell me where I can download copies of the drivers as the CD that came with mine is damaged (by my nephew!!)

Cheers

Carl

Unregistered guest
i have just been given the logik HDD 3.3gb mp3 player for my birthday . after managing to get the songs all (a pain in the butt!) thanks logik for wasting my time . yesterday the thing just stopped working . stuck on lock and i could not do a thing with it just let the battery die and start agian. (piece of s$&t!)

Anonymous

I have been using the logik 3.3gb player now for 2 weeks loaded 900 wma songs, have had no problems works brilliant. The thing i did do was when i first got it was format it via windows xp, reinstalled the firmware which is on the cd, install that to the pc. then install via the shortcut and everything is fine.

Anonymous

Just got a 3.3gb Logik for my birthday today and after having it out of the box for less than an hour, it has now frozen with the message 'application code loading' on the screen and windows won't even recognise it as being connected to the computer :-(

Frustrated person!
Unregistered guest
My Logik MP3 plays music but I hear no singing what is wrong with it?

Username: Dragon6uk

i HAVE 3.3GIG VERSION !! IF IT CRASHES YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO REBOOT (WHICH IN THIS CASE IS LEAVING IT ON TILL THE BATTERY RUNS OUT).
THEN CHARGE IT UP A BIT , PLUG INTO YOUR PC AND DO A SCANDISK ON THE DRIVE , SOLVES ALL CRASH PROBLEMS! EVEN DO A VIRUS CHECK IF YOU WANT! AND DONT REFORMAT OR YOU LOSE THE FIRMWARE (WHICH I DO NOT KNOW WERE TO GET UPDATES FOR)! AND IF YOU USE THE AUDIOPHILE PROGRAM PROVIDED ON CD TO PUT MUSIC ON PLAYER YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS! DONT JUST COPY MUSIC TO PLAYER DIVE IF YOU DONT KNOW WERE TO PUT IT!!!! SOME OF YOU DONT SOUND AS TECHNICALLY MINDED AS YOU THINK YOU ARE! SO DO EVERYTHING THE DEFAULT WAY ;-) I HAVE THE 3.3GIG VERSION AND IT ROCKS !

ihatelogik
Unregistered guest
Hi just got Logik MP3 3.3g yesterday, worked ok at first but now whenever I try and play a song it freezes. Any ideas?

Jimbobaggins
Unregistered guest
when trying to reformat player, plug in the player and let windows detect it, go to my comuter and double click folder option as to open and you will get the CDS (common dialogue service) tell you to format player... format in FAT instead of FAT32 and it should be fine

daveguy76
Unregistered guest
have logik 3.3gb and had almost all of the above problems, the manual is CRAP

but have it fixed, I hope...

format drive as FAT32 (right click in my computer)

then use the recory tool on the cd, you need to install this

now the most important part is to run the rubbish but in this case vital audiophile program from the cd

rebuild the database and close

open it again for good luck!

then use wmp10 to syncronise the drive, there will be two drives in the sync options go for the one without a hard drive icon and it will copy your music to the correct folder (K2) and all seems well

so far

eminem cartman
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to upgrade my Logik MP3. On the Adobe Reader is says it can be upgraded to 2GB and 11 MB is reserved. What does this mean and how do I upgrade?!?!?!?!?!?!

eminem cartman
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to upgrade my Logik MP3. On the Adobe Reader is says it can be upgraded to 2GB and 11 MB is reserved. What does this mean and how do I upgrade?!?!?!?!?!?!

Fadz
Unregistered guest
Hi, I've got a Napa MP3 player (which I heard is very similar to a Logik MP3 player) but I can't arrange my songs in to folders. I've tried going to 'Create new folder' after opening the removable disk drive but it wont arrange my songs into any folders. Could someone please tell me how to do this??

Unregistered guest
Hi, I've got a Napa MP3 player (which I heard is very similar to a Logik MP3 player) but I can't arrange my songs in to folders. I've tried going to 'Create new folder' after opening the removable disk drive but it wont arrange my songs into any folders. Could someone please tell me how to do this??

Unregistered guest
Just a few nice words.

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP.

Unregistered guest
Hi just got a Logik 1gb for a present but the cd is with instructions etc is broken does anyone know where i can download drivers etc.
thanx

Unregistered guest
Hi just got a Logik 1gb for a present but the cd is with instructions etc is broken does anyone know where i can download drivers etc.
thanx

Unregistered guest
when i turn my Logik mp3 player (2gb) on it automatic restarts... any ideas. iv uploaded muisc onto it.

Unregistered guest
when i turn my Logik mp3 player (2gb) on it automatic restarts... any ideas. iv uploaded muisc onto it.

Unregistered guest

Carl Lewis
Unregistered guest
Logik 1GB mp3 player insists on not playing wma files. any ideas?

tom93
Unregistered guest
I have just recieved a logik hdd 33 mp3 player but when i download the songs i cannot listen to them, they appear but no noise comes out. PLease can you help?

Unregistered guest
i have just bought a logik 3.3Mb Hdd33 and the first time i uploaded the music onto it it worked, but then somthing crached and lost all the music, now the pc isnt recognising the USB connection, and i cant install the cd properly!! if anyone has had a similar problem, and fixed it, or any other idead please let me know...thanks alot

Jo2005
Unregistered guest
I have an MP3 512. I can load music onto it but cannot hear it. I can see the songs loaded and I know they are there because when I plug the MP3 back into the computer I can play them. Just cannot hear them through the MP3. I have followed the instruction manual to the letter .... although it's not THAT clear...Help!!!

olivier1uk
Unregistered guest
i have just received a 3.3gb for christmas and i have done everything it says - but i have no sound - aaaaaargh

Steve Mcqueen
Unregistered guest
Hopefully I may be able to help with a few of these questions as I have one and after many hours of trying to get it to work properly, it seems to be working fine now.

The key to this player is that it has many little (annoying?) nuances:

1. The firmware is on the CD (Jukebox Restore) and will only properly work on computers with Win '98SE and anything later. Always turn the player on first and when it has started up fully then you can plug in the USB connector to the top of the player. I got the Runtime error when I was using a comp with only Win'98 installed.

2. To download songs onto the player from Windows Media, insert your CD and you need to Rip the songs onto your computers hard drive (in Windows Media 10 there is a tab at the top for this).

IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THAT (THROUGH THE OPTIONS MENU HERE) TAHT YOU ARE CONVERTING (RIPPING) THE CD AS MP3'S.

Once a CD has been 'ripped' you can 'Sync' (tab at the top) these with the 'Jukebox' (your player). When you turn your player on, all of these songs will appear in the EXPLORER option on the player's menu. **I would love to know if anyone knows a way to put these on the player so that they appear in the 'Artists', 'Genre' and 'Year' etc, sections too?**

3. If the player appears 'stuck, frozen etc. Press the buttons 'Play', 'Menu' and 'Select' simultaneously and he player will re-set - this has so ar cured any big problems I have come across (especially with trying to Install Firmware etc.)

4. You can view all of the info on the player by going to 'My Computer' and looking in 'Jukebox' treating just like a regular hard disk (you can even store other unrelated files for transfer on it if you wish).

Hope this make sense, if anyone has any other questions, I will try to answer them as I know how frustrating this player is.

Anonymous

Heres some help with the Logik 3.3GB HDD player's software. Best software I've found to use is the MusicMatch jukebox here you can edit the MP3 ID3 tags easily and organize your media. Once thats sorted moving the music across is simply a case of copying it to this path directory for the player: whateverdriveletter:\MYMUSIC\K2\whateversong.mp3 once the music is in here the player automatically organises the media to be found by ALBUM or ARTIST or whatever. Any problems email me at: chris.molozian@gmail.com

PS: I dont claim to be able to fix any problem but I will give it a try :-)

Sarah M
Unregistered guest
hi, i have the same problem as a person near the middle....

HI I HAVE A LOGIK 1GIG MP3 AND WEN I CONNECT IT TO MY PC MY PC WILL NOT RECOGNISE IT I HAVE INSTALLED THE DRIVERS THAT CAME WITH IT AND ALL MY USB PORTS ARE WORKING PROPERLY CAN ANYONE PLESE HELP

please help me! my brothers is, so far, working fine, but the computer wont recognise the mp3 player. sounds like lots of you have problems with this. has anyone contacted the shop/provider/ or even LOGIK boss? I'm calling watchdog unless this starts to work anytime soon. i suggest the rest of us do the same!

Staples
Unregistered guest
I have recieved a Logik HDD 33 for Christmas and despite about an hours worth of wasted time trying to get to grips with it I think it's great. On WMA when trying to Sync there are to types of files to Sync it to you want the one that looks like a musical note then it will list them in the Artists, Albums etc etc.

Amanda Bolton
Unregistered guest
I read a post the other day about problems recording CD's from a CD player onto the Logik HDD33 - I've just had one bought as a Christmas gift and found that it didn't do this either. However, I've just had another go at it (don't like to be beaten!!) and I've found that if you turn the volume up quite a bit on the CD player/Hi-Fi, the MP3 player will detect that there's something there and start recording. Good luck!!

Jo2005
Unregistered guest
I have today returned my (two) MPA512's that I bought for my two sons for Christmas, as I couldn't hear anything on them. I paid an extra £10 each to upgrade to the 1gb and STILL can't hear anything!!!!!! HELP! or I will do something with them that I will regret!

Irene Harvie
Unregistered guest
Rabbistone - I followed your instructions. I had all my tracks transferred and playing in jig time and everything sorted into folders. I spent hours yesterday practically tearing my hair out but with your help I had it done in minutes. You are my hero!!!

Jo2005
Unregistered guest
I have to say, the Logik MP3 player is the biggest load of cr*p I have bought my two sons this year. They might be OK to use to scrape the mud off me boots but not to listen to music on...expensive boot cleaners eh?

chocolatebox
Unregistered guest
can anyone tell me in SIMPLE TERMS how I can convert a CD to MP3 format? I am using XP & Media Player9. ...I can see my music on the MP3 but can't hear it. thanks

Unregistered guest
i have a logik 1gb mp3 which is advertised to be able to hold 320 mp3's... mine held 121. i know the advertised capacity is always a little optimistic... but less than half what's advertised? i have a lot of music. i was advised by my uncle, who programs computers, to convert my music to wma's because they're smaller files and i would fit more on. i already suspected this would help but wanted to have it confirmed because i know it's complicated and i'm pretty lazy. so anyway, i spent hours converting all my music to wma's and proceeded to upload it... it now holds 126 tracks of an inferior quality... 5 extra tracks was not worth it. ALSO. the player is advertised to have 8 hours of battery time... mine has trouble lasting for 2 hours... i am inclined to think that this mp3 player is a huge fooking rip off.

Unregistered guest
Please help! I have a MAC and have just brought a Logic 1 gb. The manual is useless and am trying to work out how I can transfer files to or from the internal flash RAM (as obviously I am not on windows).
Does anyone own a MAC that can help me.

Unregistered guest
i recently received the logik HDD 33 and unfortunatly lost the manual can anybody tell me how to create a playlist.

olivier1uk
Unregistered guest
tried to take my 3.3 gb logik back to currys where it was bought - the worst customer services i have ever seen - they refused to swap, refund or credit note

i was given advice that i was promised would work - IT DOESNT!

i am seriously fustrated with this item - and apparently because it is sold in a blister pack that you have to cut to open currys will not take it back on the basis that they cant resell it - EVERY DAMN MP3 PLAYER IS SOLD IN A BLISTER PACK ALONG WITH ALL SMALL ELECTRICAL GADGETS

i am so peed off now

and i still cant get sound, it freezes whenever i try to change certain things and the headphone leads are different length - which i dont know if it is a fault or not - but for one to be half the length of the other just seems weird

Unregistered guest
The better half has a LOGIK HD33 Mp3 player - does anyone know how to select & play from the 'My Favourites' play list. There are songs on there transfered from audiophile, but cannot get them to play ! Bl**dy Thing!

Unregistered guest
I got a Logik 3.2gig for XMAS now after 4 days the on switch has buggered up and i cannot turn it on.

(i can access the HDD via USB)

i can find on info on this company in the manuals, no phone numbers, webbies on the manual. and nothing to be found on google.

shows how proud of their shoddy product this company is.

Any idea what a i can do?

i'm don't know where my dad bought it from or whether or not he has a recipt.

Unregistered guest
hey i got a logik hdd33 (3.3) for christmas but when i turn it on its says "HDD access error" and turns off! also when i try to put songs on it on musicmatch jukebox i click on portable device and it says to attach and power on my device - but it is already attached and won't turn on when it is attached! PLEASE HELP ME!!! IM SOOO STRESSED! love megz xoxo

Staples
Unregistered guest
I agree with the watchdog idea everyday there is another problem with it, I haven't had as many problems as the rest of you but I can see the problems getting worse and worse.

mrsshanks
Unregistered guest
can anyone tell me how i can download music from the web onto my logik mp3 player, i can do it from cd's but when i try from the web it shows the files but no sound comes out

staples
Unregistered guest
mrsshanks what programme are you downloading your tracks to? Windows Media?

staples
Unregistered guest
mrsshanks what programme are you downloading your tracks to? Windows Media?

Anonymous

I too had a logic hdd33 for christmas and i had problems with all of the above although i tried all my usb ports and eventually found one that recognised the device and stopped the computer freezing. Couldn't get the tracks to download, very frustrating. Eventually took it back to Dixons and even their salesman who seemed to know quite a bit about mp3 players couldn't sort it. It was showing tracks had been transferred but you couldn't find them on the player. Was offered another one but decided to pay the extra and have Sony Walkman, best decision i made! To anyone thinking of having a logik, DONT!

Davies
Unregistered guest
I have a Logik 256 MP3/WMA and have tried to transfer legally downloaded music on to it. Howver, since the music file is protected it seems that it is not possible to transfer the file to the player, even when using Windows Media. Is there a'fix' to this or is this generic to all MP3 players? Can one purchase an MP3 player that does allow transfer of such protected downloaded music files?

DixonsRwank
Unregistered guest
After a visit to Dixons (you won't get employed there unless your brain has been removed), I discovered that the official line is "You won't get any low cost MP3 player to play purchased (protected) WMA files, you need to shell out more cash mate."
Thanks a bunch Dixons. I said that the labelling on the packaging that says "WMA compatible" to a be a little misleading, the "assistant" looked at me like I had just farted, hmm, the "assistant" must have strained that last brain cell.

adadadada
Unregistered guest
IS THERE ANY WAY OF REFORMATTING THE PLAYER IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE CD?

adadadada
Unregistered guest

Emzzz
Unregistered guest
I want to say thanks to Steve Mcqueen for his advice on ripping my CDs into mp3 format,instead of wma as they will not play on my logik mp3 player (WHY THE HELL DOES IT SAY IT PLAYS WMA FILES?!)

If you want to know how to rip them to your computer as mp3s then here it is in a bit more detail (for windows media player version 10 only):
Click on 'tools' at the top of the player (if it isn't showing then right click in an empty space at the bottom and choose 'show menu bar')Then click on options. Then you can choose 'rip music' and then change the format to 'mp3'.Done.Wasn't that easy.
However, if all your files are in wma format then you will need to delete ALL of them and re-rip your whole wonderfully large collection of CDs to mp3 format.

But if you have not already bought a Logik mp3 player then DON'T,pitty I didn't find this site before I bought it.....damn.

Mad Mike Mirrorford
Unregistered guest
For the chap who is offended by the headphone leads being different lengths on the left and right 'branches', I suspect this is actually a clever feature that means you can put the correct plug in the correct ear without having to examine them visually for the tiny 'L' or 'R'. F'rinstance, I now know that the short lead goes in my left ear...

For the easiest user experience, you need to set up your ripper (I use WMP 10 on XP) to produce unprotected files (I think it makes protected WMAs by default; unprotected MP3s are a better bet as they are most portable and will work on your *next* player too)

In all the Logik is a great little product if you know what you are doing and are familiar with file and directory structures. If you're not, now's a great time to learn how to copy files, make directories etc etc...

Have fun!

Shell
Unregistered guest
I've had my logik mp3 player for a fairly long time and just wish that I'd found this site before deciding to buy this piece of rubbish.
My logik 1gb only has about 50 songs on it but when I decided to transfer a couple of new songs, a whole bunch of songs disappeared off the mp3 player. Windows media player 10 shows that these songs are in fact on the mp3 player (when I connect the player to my computer), but when I navigate the mp3 player the songs are not on it.
Please help someone!!! Tell me if I'm not making much sense.

adadadada
Unregistered guest

Anonymous

I have just got a Logik MP3 player and it will not play RealPlayer MP3's although it up loads them fine - can anyone help with regards to how to get the player to play them? or how I can convert RealPlayer to WMA?

Coksukr
Unregistered guest
I've got the 1GB Logik and so far nothing has gone wrong with it.

Suck on that!!!

Coksukr
Unregistered guest
I've got the 1GB Logik and so far nothing has gone wrong with it.

Suck on that!!!

Anonymous

i got logik 3.3gb mp3 player n it ses 'please reinstall F/W' wen i turn it on.
its a pile of shi.t
dnt fu.ckin buy it!
can any1 help me plz?? u wud make my day... year!
xx

Username: Tinker

Post Number: 2
I have just bought my first mp3 and this is it... 512 logic. I am having problems making files for it. I have been trying all day and am getting very frustrated with it now.
all of my songs on it are playing in alphabetical order at the moment.

thanks

Unregistered guest
i got a 1Gb logik mp3 player and i have 163 songs on it but only 10 or 20 are mp3 formatted does anyone know how to change the format from wma to mp3

Username: Tharris

Swindon, Wilts UK

Did you get an answer. I have bought a Logik MP3 HDD33 and have installed the software and saved CD,s in Musicmatch but when I try to transfer to the MP3 player in the Jukebox it comes up Device not recognised. Even when I open Audiophile it sill says not recognised. I have Windows Media version 9 and am using Windows 98SE.Any help would be appreciated.

Nic06
Unregistered guest
I have a Logik HDD 33 and have so far managed to put some downloaded wma files onto it. I transferred them using sync on windows media player version 10. I have also tried using audiophile to tansfer. In both cases the player shows the tracks are there and they even play back from the player through the computer but when I try to play them from the player there is just silence. The square block in the top corner initially goes to a play arrow but then almost immediately returns to a stop button and nothing happens. Are the tracks protected? Do I need to do something else to get them to play? I have tried putting files in K2 as someone above suggests but they still show up as being there but will not play. Please can someone explain?? In simple terms!! Thanks

Username: Barrie

Post Number: 2
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=569511#POST569511
Hi you need db power amp. Its free to.

LaurenceAlexgray
Unregistered guest
Eureka, Had a problem playing purchased WMA's. Found a solution. Burn your purchased WMA file to CD then rip back to library but as an MP3 without copy protection. You should have no problem now with playing purchased WMAs.

To change rip settings see the above post.

Anonymous

for those of you who are downloading songs and they are not playing but are listed on the mp3, here is the answer to your problem...

delete all of the songs from your mp3 start again. before you rip the songs from your cd go into the tool menu at the top of your media window > click on options > then rip music or copy music > untick the box labeled copy protect music > apply, then re-rip your disc. copy it again from your media player library and it should work.

Unregistered guest
cAN ANYBODY HELP BEFORE i GO MAD!! I HAVE A LOGIK 1GB MP3 PLAYER, EVERYTIME I LOAD MUSIC ON IT GOES IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER NOT ALBUM ORDER WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!

nic06
Unregistered guest
Surely there is a better way to transfer my wma tracks than ripping them to cd then transferring them to the player?

Unregistered guest
I received a LOGIK HDD 33 for christmas and it was working fine until about a week ago and it wouldnt turn on it would only come up with please reinstall f/w and HDD error, please help me i dont know what to do because my computer refuses to recognise it!!

Anonymous

help!!!

I can't get my logik mp3 player to work & the manual is no help whatsoever. And to say it's driving me mad is an under-statement!!!

Can anyone give me some easy steps on making it work with a Mac + iTunes? Would be ever-so gratful.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us