Questions about new 5.1 setup

Username: Pedxing55

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am a newbie when it comes to this, so I appologize in advance, I will try to give as much detail as possible.

My current setup is as follows:
16' x 14' room with 42" Samsung SP-S4243 Plasma TV approximately 1.5 feet from longer side of the room. My couch is an L-sectional with the smaller portion facing the television (due to room configuration). The seat closest to the end of the couch is directly accross from the television. The seat accross from the television is against the back wall. See attached picture.

Pioneer VSX-D912 7.1 receiver.
My speakers are four Wharfedale Emerald 93 Bookshelf Speakers, the front two are on 24" stands just to the right and left of the television.

Just this week I purchased an Aperion 533-VAC center channel and Infinity PS 10 250 watt powered subwoofer to go with the setup. Subwoofer will be place next to the televison.

What I am wondering is how to make the most of my setup. Although I have a 7.1 receiver, the way the room is configured I will only be able to make use of 5 of the channels. Will this cause any sort of problem when it comes to sound output?

Secondly, I am somewhat at a loss as to where to place my back speakers. I am thinking of wall mounting them, but how high on the wall should i mount them? The ceiling is 12' high. That's everything I can think of for now...I'm sure there will be more for later. Sorry if I forgot to mention important details, just let me know. Thanks.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us