Which one? PE VSX-74TXVi , Denon 2807 or Marantz 8500??

Username: Birdmanbr

Post Number: 3
I want to buy a new receiver and do not know wiuch one to buy. Any suggestions? If so, please advise also about a good set of speakers. Thx!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4488
I'd choose the Marantz, followed by the PE.

The speakers should be neutral or slightly bright since those are both warmish receivers. Before I give you specific advice, a few questions:

What % music to HT usage?
Taste in music and/or movies?
Max budget for whole setup?
Room size?

Post Number: 4
Thank you! I think I will use it 60% movies, with lots of action, explosions... I would like to spend something around US$1500...

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1238
I don't think you can fairly compare the 8500 with the 2807. They are not in the same league. Compare it with the 3806 model. Even then Hawk will argue that the Marantz has a much better power supply to work with 5-7 speakers.

Post Number: 5
Thx, Stof! And what about the PE, what do u think?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4490
> Thank you! I think I will use it 60% movies, with lots of action, explosions... I would like to spend something around US$1500...

How big is your room?

Is the $1500 for the sub too, or for speakers only?

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1241
Sorry can't tell you much about the PE. I haven't paid much attention to Pioneers in a number of years.

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 209
I think the best receiver that you have listed is the 8500. Copper chasis, torroidal transformer are major drool factors. The Marantz may be a tad warmer than the others listed. This is from a happy Denon 3805 owner.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us