Monitor Audio S8

Bronze Member
Username: Zorro

Post Number: 47
I am about to pull the plug on a pair of these but before I do, I would like to ask you guys if anyone has heard them paired with NAD gear. I am thinking C372 but if you gurus think that there are other options in the price range I would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks a lot

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Sorry,

Room 20 x 15 ...Dedicated just for Music.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1216
I have heard them with NAD receiver and they sounded great. However you are usually paying a premium for MA. How much are you getting them for?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Thanks Stof,

They have them on sale at Saturday Audio for $749.00 I want to think it's a pretty good price ?

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 894
Zorro:

That is a good price and the pairing is excellent, IMO.

Enjoy!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Thank you guys

Gold Member

Post Number: 1217
That's where I heard the pair. It sounded great, and that price is good. Looking at their web site, it seems that they are coming out with their RS line and are probably giving clearance to Saturday Audio to discount it out.

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 480
I was just looking at that deal. I have the Athena F2s ($400) and was telling a friend to get them but do you guys think spending the extra $350 on these Monitors would be worth it? Let me know so I can let him know. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1218
dunno, haven't heard the Athena. But looking at the specs only, it seems that F2 model is closer to the R6 series which is somewhat cheaper at $600 a pair and I would bet the SA guys would probably go lower on that price too.

MA's have a deep sound and a great fit and finish, a really high quality product. However I hesitated to recommend them based on their high prices. But this current discount from Satuday Audio makes it a great deal.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 903
db-bass:

Hmmm. "Worth it?" is a value judgement of the highest order. However, to me, the answer is yes, I think the MAs are worth that much more than the Athenas, which is a fine speaker in its own right. It is not just a judgement between good and bad, but one of very good and better. With the right electronics, either make for a good system, but in the long run, I personally would be happier with the MAs than the Athenas.

FWIW
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us