Help With NAD 763 not turning on

Username: Halej

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 6
Can somebody help. My T763 (previously working fine) will not turn on now. Orange light on front power switch on but no response from the unit. I unplugged and also toggled the rear power switch but still no response. It seams to be stuck in some kind of protection mode.

Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1590
First things to check:

Unplug all speaker leads. Switch on. If it comes on, then it's likely one of the leads. Switch off and plug in one lead at a time to identify the one with the short circuit.

If the speaker leads are out and it still doesn't come on you need to take it to your dealer for a checkup.

Regards,
Frank.

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 7
Thanks Frank -- Tried it - no luck . I also checked the 12 volt trigger switch. No luck there either. Looks like a trip to the shop. Thanks for your help

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 942
Is it time to change the batteries in the remote?

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 8
Thanks Hawk - unfortunately, not (i don't think). Ive been pushing the button from the front panel. Is there some other magic I should know about?

John

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 952
I was just suggesting that I had a similar problem at one point and it turned out my remote's batteries were too low to turn on or control the receiver, but they had enough power that the backlighting on the remote still worked, so I had no way of knowing the batteries were low. You can only be sure when you replace the batteries and everything works again.

But that clearly isn't your problem since you tried using the power button on the front panel. Sorry I couldn't help.

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 9
Thank you gentlemen-- I got a repair estimate for 312 euro (about 410USD). However this includes a sofware ugrade to version 2.08. I think I currently have the oldest sofware version. It looks like the new sofware adds some considerable capability, Any ideas on what the saftware upgrade is worth (monetarily)?

Thanks again

Bronze Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 41
JH,
$410USD.
What, specifically, was diagnosed as the problem?
What, specifically, is the detailed fix?

Thanks.

Bronze Member

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 11
Well-- 43 euro About $50 was tax.

I don't know german very well but I hope the attachement will help. I did have the 12 volt trigger switch replaced (i broke the toggle trying to figure if it was on, off, or auto)

application/pdfUpload
Vorkasse_ET_995538.pdf (12.8 k)

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 429
Software upgrade should be free, you could probably do it yourself if you were do inclined. As to the hardware fix, you will have to sprecken the English before I can guesstimate the equivalent values between Europe and NA.

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 430
"do" should be read as "so".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
The properties of the PDF are locked; I can't transfer the copy and translate in babelfish.

The shutdown problems appear to be widespread and would like to get some insight on the cause.

Got the same problem with my NAD T752. $410 repair cost on a $999 investment is a 40% premium to pay on something that lasted 2 years.

My NAD will probably wind up in a landfill. My thoughts, my experience with NAD.

Bronze Member

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 13
I turned off all locked properties maybe it will work, now. Micheal- I've done upgrades to my Denon 3910 DVD player but I've never found the upgrades available anywhere for the NAD.-- any Ideas?

Thanks
application/pdfUpload
Vorkasse_ET_995538-266856.pdf (12.8 k)

Bronze Member

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 14
Sorry-- I tried the Babelfish idea and got the same problem -- the Electronics guy must have password protected the Doc.

Bronze Member

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 15
All this is the best translation I could come up with obviously some things just don't translate.

Power pack repaired
control section repaired
12 Volt Switch replaced
Version 2.o8 Install
defects Bauteille replace
for alignment "durchgefuhrt" (this word has something to do with long term testing)
turn out analog and digitally uberpruft
DSP board modified - version T763 (not sure what this is)

T763 keyboard assembly (not sure what this is)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
JH,
Thanks for the input. Good to hear your NAD was repaired.

Enjoy.

Bronze Member

MackenbachGermany

Post Number: 17
All- just got everything hooked up and semi-calibrated last night. The new capabilities of version 2.08 are awesome! even with a quick calibration I can already hear better detail sound staging and balance. Not sure if it was the hardware or the software (then again- who cares!). This event may have delayed my required (self imposed) upgrade for at least a little while.

thanks for your interest.
john
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us