AVR-525

Bronze Member
Username: Winger53215

Post Number: 13
I am having a power problem with my receiver. I will have the receiver on and it will tun off by itself. The turn off happend about 4 seconds after power up. If I push the power button (not the lighted one)on the receiver than sometimes it will operate for a longer period of time. There is adequate ventilation and when operating all speakers are working properly.

Its under warranty and I will be taking it in. I am just wondering if this is a common problem.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 872
Jeff:

It sounds like it may be a wiring problem to me given the fact that it powers up and then shuts down, and not an internal wiring problem, but external. Speaker cable is usually stranded, so sometimes if you aren't careful a stray strand of the cable can come in contact with the chassis or even the opposite pole connector.

Good luck!

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 361
There are two things that could be wrong here. One, you may be overloading your circuit. It's probably a 15-amp circuit? And you have to take into account the light bubs, tv, cable box, dvd, cd player, etc... could be getting past the 80% rule-o-thumb. OR, alternatively, you may have a fried regulator, which is the usual suspect when you experience the intermittent activity you describe.

Bronze Member
Username: Winger53215

Post Number: 14
Went to use it today and it worked for the hour I was watching TV with the surround going. I have till November to figure things out. Thanks for the replies

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 368
Don't wait, replace it or get it fixed ASAP. Also, do the math and see how many watts you have running through your circuit at any given time. For a 15 amp circuit, try not to exceed 1500 watts (2k for a 20 amp circuit).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us