Want to connect my mp3 to speakers

Username: Tonya

Post Number: 1
I want to connect my mp3 player to some car speakers i have, is there a cheap amp that would do that, and is it easy to build one myself.
How about a car amp will it work.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9383
You can do all of these but it would not be very good. If you do it right with the components you want to use, it would be expensive, but the big picture is that it will look like a freak and really ghetto. Save your money and get a a boombox that accepts inputs from the output of your mp3 player.

Post Number: 2
I could do that, but then i would still have my speakers (not being used for any thing). And i want to put them in use some how.
Any ideas.
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 9385
Sell it.

Post Number: 3
Ok i just want to get the speakers to work somehow, for the heck of it, and my friend has a car amp that i can use, now it will work with the speakers, but i don't know how to get the power for it.
(it has 1.power wire_ 2.remote wire_ 3.Ground wire)
So how can i get the 12V without using a car battery.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9421
You need a high amp power converter. Go to a car audio seller and ask them how they power their display radios.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1099
you can also use a computer power supply. i have dont this and it works pretty well though i dont know how healthy it is for the power supply and the amp and stuff.

Post Number: 4
To: Christopher
I have heard about that method, and i want to try it, i can get a power supply, and i found out that i have to attach the yellow wires to the power line and the black wires to the ground. Is that the way you did it, and if you could send me some pictures of your system, that would be great.
My email is t_askar@msn.com
Thanks a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us