CD player match for Audiolab 8000A

Username: Mr_zero

Post Number: 1
Greetings.

Wondering if there might be any suggestions out there for a new CD player (under $1000) to go with my Audiolab 8000A MKIII amp.

I'm thinking NAD 542 or the Music Hall. Was also hearing good things about the Arcam CD73 but this unit is not accessible for me to hear here in New Jersey.

I run the Audiolab with Tannoy Mx2s on stands. The amp if very transparent and a tad dry. The speakers have a great mid range but are a little laid back. Maybe a CD player with a bit of oomph?

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1557
John

The hot CD player at the moment in my book is the Rega Apollo. Retails here in the UK for the equivalent of about $800.

Do you know if the new Audiolab range is in your area? The new 8000CD is the equivalent of $1000 here, but since it's made in China it shouldn't vary too much in your neck of the woods - privided there are dealers. It's pretty good, although I prefer the Rega for its extra pace.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Frank. I think there is one dealer in that has Rega. I'll try to check that out. Haven't come across the new Audiolabs yet. I'll be checking out the Arcam, NAD and maybe a Rotel over the weekend.

Post Number: 3
FYI. Unexpectedly went with the Rotel 1072. Found the Arcam a little too "up front" for my tastes. NADs were nice but the Rotel had a bit more refinement top and bottom. All to my ears anyway. Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us