Convert RCA output to headphones?

Username: K3yfram3

Post Number: 1
can you guys/gals recommend any really quality RCA signal output converters to 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch?
any manufacturers/distributors of choice? the intention is converting RCA out from a receiver to a wireless headphones base unit input.

thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8936

The best is one you construct yourself.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3698
DIYaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1530
Steve,

The signal required to drive headphones is very different to the signal delivered through typical RCA sockets. RCAs are usually used for line level signals such as CD player or tape input/output. For headphones (wireless or not) you need a headphone amp. You can build one yourself, or you can buy one. You use an ordinary RCA-RCA interconnect between your tape output (the record left and right sockets) and the headphone amp. Then plug in your headphones using the 3.5mm or 1/4" jack.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: K3yfram3

Post Number: 2
thanks everyone. your help is greatly appreciated. Frank, is there a chance that the base unit for the headphones has an amp in it? (higher end sony wireless...don't have the skew # in front of me).

thanks again,
-steve

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1537
Steve,

Unlikely, I've not heard of that before, but you'd have to check the Sony's manual to be sure - may be on their website.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Agent_orange

Post Number: 1
You can convert RCA plugs to headphone output? Like RCA plugs that come with game consoles or DVD players? My TV doesn't have headphone output so I could really use something that does that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us