Pops and clicks

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3525
hows about somebody try to describe the best timed pops and clicks from their favorite albums?
The ones that make the vinyl your own, and the ones that you know by heart and soul, over cans or speakers?

DOSM had a specific pop on Money that would have been super on the original for me, just before the cashbox breakoff of the first course.

It really made the recording my own.

Others?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8900

"hows about somebody try to describe the best timed pops and clicks from their favorite albums?"

Slow day, huh, Nuck?

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 774
I think Nuck is just tuned into the cultural zeitgeist.

I've listened to a few albums by contemporary groups (Beck, Jens Lekman, Sleater-Kinney) that feature vinyl-like surface noise on the recording. It's bizarre hearing the hiss and pop of worn grooves while listening to a cd. Kids seem to dig it. I was playing an LP for a friend, in which one track gets all fuzzy sounding near the end, like the sound of inner groove distortion or a mistracking stylus. She asked if there was something wrong with the LP. I wasn't sure so I borrowed a cd copy of the same album. It turns out the cd has the same distorted sound!

The coolest trend in vinyl: Some labels are offering a free download of the album when you buy the LP. I hope this catches on, because I listen to mainly vinyl at home and my ipod when I'm away.

"Without music, life would be a mistake" -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3553
I hope just offering the thing on vinyl catches on!
Yeah the digital copy is a great idea.

Username: Daniel_badon

Bc Canada

Post Number: 3
pops and click is integral part of life like in moving car you hear the sound of the wheel hissing. it is the real world. we get pure sound from vynil, not adulterated. sound is produced through vibration and we have it in the groove. that is why vynil is the closest sound reproduction from the source and it is the sweetest.
clean your vynil. i use solution of 50%(pure alcohol-isopropanol from walmart),50% distilled water and mild soap. apply chamoisse(car rug)soak with the solution in circular manner then rinse with chamoisse soak with distilled water. i cut my chamoisse about 4" square this way i can replace for cleaner one sparingly. remove dust particles first before doing repeated rubbing. i guess mild air pressure work or damp it with wet cloth. dont wet the label.
i put the solution and the distilled water in spray bottle for easy application. i spray the cloth. use plastic cover.
daniel

Bronze Member
Username: Daniel_badon

Bc Canada

Post Number: 14
correction to danielbadon post no.3
"use plastic jacket" (instead of plastic cover)
dan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us