Tube confusion

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 118
Im reading about tube buffers and tube amps. From what I read, most tube amps are ony Class A and only provide about 10 watts pure power. Now, I read about the X-10 Tube buffer and most reviews say that it is a noticble improvment, for analog sources. I cant find any other companys that make tube buffers though. If I was to hook a tube amp into my preamp/poweramp loop, would that improve the quality the same as a tube buffer? Since they are both (essentialy) running the sound through tubes?

Username: Bryce_nyc

New York, New York

Post Number: 4
I would spend some time educating yourself on these components, at a certain point it will become clear. Things are more complex than just running the signal through tubes. There are other tube buffers on the market although the X-10v3 is a rare tweak. There are also many articles written about the X-10v3 that explain it's purpose and functioning -- especially with regards to impedance matching. Tube stages are sometimes placed behind a CD player to give it more musicality and take some of the "clinical" nature out of the DAC.... not analog sources.

Hope this helps

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 124
It sounds like the tube buffer (if I was ever lucky enough to find out) would do what my sources need (satellite radio, ipod, cdplayer). But my silly idea about amps wouldnt. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us